Worth the upgrade

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reikoshea

HS Troll...And Mod
VIP
Right now i have KYB GR-2s on my lude, and i was wondering if it would be worth changing those for Tokico Illumina (white) or the Koni Yellows. I have Eibach springs, but those are probably going to need to be replaced...the right front is squeaking bad...went around a corner WAAAAYYYYYY!!! too fast and when i caught the fish tail (with the ebrake in my FWD) the spring wouldnt stop squeaking.

Are you sure it's the spring's fault that you're squeaking? Make sure they're seated correctly. Illuminas and Yellows are good- if you have to cash to spend on them for an upgrade and your GR-2s are worn out, they're both excellent choices.

I just bought the GR2s because i wanted to lower the car, and i didnt want to do it on stock shocks.

Ok- I wouldn't replace them unless they're blown or unless you really just want to get rid of them though. If you're having problems going around turns and have weird sounds coming from your suspension, I'll bet something went together wrong.

Back