Wow, it has been a while

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

lsvtec

GNU/Linux Evangelist
A long while. Probably 3 years since I have been around here. I am glad to see the forum is still up and has managed to avoid all the drama that consumed many of the other communities I had seen. There is either not much to way too much to tell. My wife and I got married last December 7 days after we graduated. I haven't dumped that much stress in one week before and I don't think that I will again. We both took jobs in Portland, OR so we headed out here around the first of the year. I sold my Integra in Las Cruces for a mere $2000 because we couldn't afford to take 2 cars with us and her Civic was in much better condition. I don't think the person that bought it had any idea what was involved in that car because they ceretainly got their moneys worth, but I needed to get rid of it right away. I have been working for IBM in the Linux Technology Center, it is way cool to write free software for a living. I haven't purchased a new car yet, I ride my bicycle everywhere (being employed made it easy to eat, eating being easy made me put on a few pounds so the bike is a good thing :) ). Not sure if I want another project car or if I should get something I don't have to/want to work on. Wife is pushing for a Mini, maybe....

Anyways, good to be back and I am glad to see things haven't fallen apart. Though I must admit not having access to the Moderators forum kinda sucks.:ph34r:

so how do you like the portland area? i grew up near there. it's good to have you back. hopefully you can start posting again. i know how easy it is to get wrapped up in work and family stuff.
the site is still good. brian did some sort of search maximizing so there are a million new members. anyways, welcome back.

what moderator forum
ph34r.gif

Portland is awesome. I hear people here complain about having nothing to do and I can't understand it. Compared to southern NM, there is more than I need anyways. The weather is nice in the Summer, not so much in the Winter but at least it doesn't snow often.

A long while. Probably 3 years since I have been around here. I am glad to see the forum is still up and has managed to avoid all the drama that consumed many of the other communities I had seen. There is either not much to way too much to tell.

i hear ya with the drama on a lot of forums...but it seems like these guys do a good job of moderating the site and keeping the idiots off...props to the admin and mods

Back