WRX owners...

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

what made you guys choose the WRX over the Evo? just wondering. i like the way the WRX sounds, but i like the looks of the evo better.
 
All are a little under 30k.

Subbie is probably the cheapest to maintain.

EVO

Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 2 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 271 hp
Max Horsepower: 6500 rpm Torque: 273 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 3500 rpm Drive Type: AWD
Turning Circle: 38.7 ft.


A4 1.8T Quattro
Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 1.8 liters
Base Engine Type: Inline 4 Horsepower: 170 hp
Max Horsepower: 5900 rpm Torque: 166 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 1950 rpm Drive Type: AWD
Turning Circle: 36.4 ft.


STi

Base Number of Cylinders: 4 Base Engine Size: 2.5 liters
Base Engine Type: Horizontally Opposed Horsepower: 300 hp
Max Horsepower: 6000 rpm Torque: 300 ft-lbs.
Max Torque: 4000 rpm Drive Type: AWD
Turning Circle: 35.4 ft.
 
Well, don't go comparing the WRX to the EVO. You probably meant the STi. As far as I know, B is the only person on Hondaswap who has an STi. Celerity and I both have WRX's, but his is stock.

There are pros and cons to both the STi and EVO.

STi has more displacement (better acceleration out of turns, better stright line), better brakes, better interior. EVO has better cornering/handling, bigger turbo, FMIC.

Truthfully, they're both damn fine cars, and I'd be overjoyed to be able to afford/own either one. Given a choice, I'd pick the Subie, but only by a nose.
 
I'd pick the subbie purely for it being an STi and the most powerful. It's a matter of opinion. Every car has it's issues like DOHC-Vtec Accord said.
 

posol

Staff member
evo's suck.

10k, you'll be buying a new clutch
the interior is civic-quality.
it still drives like a fwd car
its obnoxious as fuck when you put an exahust on it.
its a dsm
its made by mitsushitty, who is on the verge of going out of business. they are always in the news.


sure, they are quick, and handel good. but i went with the sti for a reason.
and i too, think the evo looks better.
but the sti is just a better built car.
 

posol

Staff member
and i'll quote E from the other thread on the new eclipse.


Originally posted by E_SolSi@Aug 3 2005, 03:31 PM
well if we are saying things they should be but never were... then hell they should be reliable
but this is mitsubishi we are talking about and they dont know the first thing about that
[post=535326]Quoted post[/post]​
 
B, I'd disagree with the FWD comparison. Most times, it's going to outhandle the STi. But otherwise, you're on the money.

I'd also refer you back to the thread about Mitsushitty being on its last legs, and the success of the company being largely dependent on the success of the new (blech) Eclipse.
 

posol

Staff member
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 3 2005, 04:42 PM
B, I'd disagree with the FWD comparison. Most times, it's going to outhandle the STi.


maybe it will out handel it-- but it still drives like a FWD. it feels like a FWD. hell, if you didn't know better, you could swear it was a FWD

But otherwise, you're on the money.


yup.


I'd also refer you back to the thread about Mitsushitty being on its last legs, and the success of the company being largely dependent on the success of the new (blech) Eclipse.
[post=535367]Quoted post[/post]​


in other words,
mitsu will be out of business by 07?

lol

i've seen 1 so far on the street...
 

E_SolSi

Moderator
VIP
and didnt they already have a MAJOR safety recall for the brakes???
 
Two recalls already, I believe. Brakes yes, and something else I can't remember.

I also can't recall the last time Mitsushitty was in competition for Manufacturer Points in the WRC.
 

E_SolSi

Moderator
VIP
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 3 2005, 04:59 PM
Two recalls already, I believe. Brakes yes, and something else I can't remember.

I also can't recall the last time Mitsushitty was in competition for Manufacturer Points in the WRC.
[post=535378]Quoted post[/post]​



looked it up... both recalls were for the brakes
first one was for a faulty vacuum line on the boster that could lead to brake failure
second was was for an improperly installed seal on the master cylinder that leads to reduced brake pressure and increased stopping distance
 
yeah, i did mean the sti, thanks

i've been in an Sti. When i used to valet, i parked one, and about 2 hours later, i decided to take it out for a quick joyride. and quick it was. that shit moves. i was actually kinda scared in first gear. well, not scared, but shocked you could say. basically, i was like "holy shit!!!". took me a minute to get it into reverse though. but yeah, the seats are cool, the dash is cool. it is a cool car. but i dunno, just something about the evo makes me :drool: (just sold a battery to a lesbian in a 2.5rs, what a sweet car) anyways, i love the way the Evo sounds with an exhaust. this guy is Stamford has a yellow one, with bronze rims, and a loud ass exhaust and BOV. i can hear that shit from like a 1/2 mile away and i start drooling. damn i want one of those so bad. in my opinion, this Evo sounds better than any Sti i've heard. but i'm not knocking the Sti either, they sound amazing also.
 

jamesA

VIP
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Aug 3 2005, 03:04 PM
Well, don't go comparing the WRX to the EVO. You probably meant the STi. As far as I know, B is the only person on Hondaswap who has an STi. Celerity and I both have WRX's, but his is stock.

There are pros and cons to both the STi and EVO.

STi has more displacement (better acceleration out of turns, better stright line), better brakes, better interior. EVO has better cornering/handling, bigger turbo, FMIC.

Truthfully, they're both damn fine cars, and I'd be overjoyed to be able to afford/own either one. Given a choice, I'd pick the Subie, but only by a nose.
[post=535349]Quoted post[/post]​


Don't forget, B16 has an EVO 8. I'd like to see his opinion in this thread.
 
the boxer rumble is eleventy billion times sexier than the evo. anyway i'd be pissed if some punk valet took my ride for a joyride. by years' end i should be the proud owner of an 06 STi
 
Originally posted by SiLude@Aug 3 2005, 02:32 PM
yeah, i did mean the sti, thanks

i've been in an Sti. When i used to valet, i parked one, and about 2 hours later, i decided to take it out for a quick joyride. and quick it was. that shit moves. i was actually kinda scared in first gear. well, not scared, but shocked you could say. basically, i was like "holy shit!!!". took me a minute to get it into reverse though. but yeah, the seats are cool, the dash is cool. it is a cool car. but i dunno, just something about the evo makes me :drool: (just sold a battery to a lesbian in a 2.5rs, what a sweet car) anyways, i love the way the Evo sounds with an exhaust. this guy is Stamford has a yellow one, with bronze rims, and a loud ass exhaust and BOV. i can hear that shit from like a 1/2 mile away and i start drooling. damn i want one of those so bad. in my opinion, this Evo sounds better than any Sti i've heard. but i'm not knocking the Sti either, they sound amazing also.
[post=535392]Quoted post[/post]​


People like you are the reason why I'd rather walk 500 feet (regardless of the weather) than valet park.
 
Top