CA WTB B18 short or longblock

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Masterbeavis

I am looking for a stock B18a/b longblock or a shortblock for my girlfriends Integra (92). I need to know the following.
1. Location
2. Price
3. Willing to ship?
4. Mileage on motor (prefer less than 100k)
5. Leakdown and compression test results
6. If local can I drive the car the motor is coming out of?

If you have a used shortblock or a bare block I want to make sure that the cylinder walls are straight and round. I have 3 blocks that still have significant cross hatching on them but are either ovaled out 6 thousandths of an inch or are ballooning out in the center. I am still baffled how these things seem to distort so easily.

It would probably be cheaper to just get some pistons and get it bored and start over.
Sounds like you have all the parts already..

E

I looked into that already. The machine shop labor and a kit run about $700. I can buy a reman longblock from Attarco for $950 or so, and a complete b18 when they have them for $650. Trying to find a good usable engine that is cheaper than the machine shop

Holly SMOKES! I just dropped off my b18 block today and for a hot tank, power-hone, chamfer, deck, pressed on pistons will be around 175.00!!!
I built a Mitsu 2.6 last year and only paid about 400 for everything!

I'll try and get you some links to some piston/bearing kits for around 130.00.
Man, that just is tooo expsnsive to me. Maybe shop around a little and talk to some of the older folks to see where they get their stuff done.
Or you may find a retired machinist that works out of his garage because he can't afford to live on his social security. Usually these guys are "word of mouth" only! They don't HAVE TO work on your stuff, and have the right to be picky..

E

Holly SMOKES! I just dropped off my b18 block today and for a hot tank, power-hone, chamfer, deck, pressed on pistons will be around 175.00!!!
I built a Mitsu 2.6 last year and only paid about 400 for everything!

I'll try and get you some links to some piston/bearing kits for around 130.00.
Man, that just is tooo expsnsive to me. Maybe shop around a little and talk to some of the older folks to see where they get their stuff done.
Or you may find a retired machinist that works out of his garage because he can't afford to live on his social security. Usually these guys are "word of mouth" only! They don't HAVE TO work on your stuff, and have the right to be picky..

E

The quote I got for just the labor was $254 to just deck, bore, hone and press pistons onto rods. Local labor rates are $125 an hour.... yeah.... A rebuilt head will be $300.... Cheapest kit i could find with pistions, gaskets, rings, bearings etc $325.

Is a new oil pump really a necessity? How prone to failure are these things?

i have a rebuilt LS head. Hot tanked, baked and beaded and decked. i am only asking $150 plus shipping. pm me if you want it

i have a head that is straight, pressure tested and vacuum tested good, what I really need is a good bottom end.

Back