Wtb: Ls 5th Gear

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

pills_PMD

VIP
see title.
one that will work in a ITR tranny 4.40 final drive

5th gear 82 mph and 4500 rpm... ITR tranny OWNZ me.

how much for the GS 5th gear yO?

quit cockblocking my thread and start your own fuckers!!

:cockblocked:

how much for your whole ls tranny b? I might need one in a couple weeks maybe.

how much does the 5th gear go for. willing to sell the whole thing needs to be rebuilt its actuly in good shape its just I got it from some one who took it apart and couldent put it back together plus he chiped a bearing. Can't be that expensive to get a bearing all the parts are there and its cable clutch not hydro.

i have a brand new 91 ls 5th gear if ur interested..brand new in acura packaging..asking $70

also got brand new 3rd gear sychros for 91 ls...asking $150..

is that both gears?? from the main shaft and the countershaft?? and can i have confirmation on a cable gear working in a hydro trans??

anyone ACTUALLY done this... not going with the assumption that all b series are interchangeable.

solblu did it w/ a hydro gear... i need to know for certain if the cable gears will work

Man don't pay too much a whole busted LS tranny can be bought for $200 shipped. The 5th gearset should sell for $50 or so. Just keep an eye out for someone who has blown a diff or something and they will be happy to sell you the 5th gearset.

Definately get confirmation, I was told only 92-93 GSR cable was interchangeable with Hydro stuff, and this from someone with a Cable B tranny in his car.

i dont' think i'll be able to do it since i can't come pick it up. i didn't realize you said you were in ottowa... for some reason i kept thinking windsor which is really close.

sorry

is that both gears?? from the main shaft and the countershaft?? and can i have confirmation on a cable gear working in a hydro trans??

anyone ACTUALLY done this... not going with the assumption that all b series are interchangeable.

solblu did it w/ a hydro gear... i need to know for certain if the cable gears will work

88-91 Cable tranny Mainshafts are a different diameter. not sure if you know this but the 90-91 integra clutch disks are different they are 25 spline and the 92+ are a 26 spline ( splines are the center connect to the main shaft that keep it from just spinning)

so a 92+ B-series LS 5th gear set will work but the 91- will not.. i found this out the hard way.. :-\

Every think about using the 5th gear out of a Y80 tranny??

its a .787 kinda right between your ITR and the LS... puting that much gap between you 4th and 5th gear will cause an annoying bog..

Mainshaft part number
23581-p80-v00

Countershaft Part number
23461-p80-v00

HTH

i don't think that the difference will bother me too much... once i'm in fifth gear, i really have no need to accelerate much

Back