Wtf, Is This True?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

IceBolt

Hey guys,

This guy in physics class has a honda civic, 89.

He says his car can go to 15,000 RPM.

Um, WTF??

and he also says he drives a high performance honda, but I say it's a piece of shit that makes a loud noise.

A honda S2000 built like a F1 car can almost make 10,000 RPM...

its pretty common for fully race built B series engines to spin at 13k+... i highly doubt he has one of those
sounds like a ricer

ya it's not that his car can go to 15 000 RPM

"it redlines at 15 000 RPM" ...

I would vote BS also.

Although it is possible to rev to 15,000 I'm sure with a fully racebuilt car... but if he's driving it to school, I doubt it.

Plus I don't think I've ever heard of a daily driven car that had a useable powerband higher than like 9-10k... as long as he doesn't have a rev limiter he could rev it to 15k in theory... but I'd think it would blow up.

Originally posted by E_SolSi@Jan 28 2003, 12:12 PM
its pretty common for fully race built B series engines to spin at 13k+... i highly doubt he has one of those
sounds like a ricer

what??

a B16 engine can do that?

Originally posted by IceBolt@Jan 28 2003, 12:13 PM
ya it's not that his car can go to 15 000 RPM

"it redlines at 15 000 RPM" ...

Ask him to show you :)

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 28 2003, 12:13 PM
I would vote BS also.

Although it is possible to rev to 15,000 I'm sure with a fully racebuilt car... but if he's driving it to school, I doubt it.

Plus I don't think I've ever heard of a daily driven car that had a useable powerband higher than like 9-10k... as long as he doesn't have a rev limiter he could rev it to 15k in theory... but I'd think it would blow up.

he says he has a rev limiter

and a fully built car..

but it only has 150 hp...

Originally posted by IceBolt+Jan 28 2003, 12:13 PM-->
@Jan 28 2003, 12:12 PM
sounds like a ricer

what??

a B16 engine can do that?

yeah but now were talking about an engine that costs about $10-15k thats just the long block ... still need a tranny, axles, fuel managment, and all the other shit that goes with it.... also usually need to run on 108+ octane fuel....... i assure you he doesnt have one of these in an 89 civic

he is full of shit

Originally posted by IceBolt@Jan 28 2003, 12:14 PM

and a fully built car..

He says his guage doesn't show it...

the redlining of 15 000 RPM

If he doesn't have a Tach to show that he can rev to 15k then he's an idiot.

How the hell does he know that he can rev to 15k if he can't see it?

Ask him to show you Dyno slips. If he's never has his car Dyno'd then he's full of shit.

Originally posted by Hexen+Jan 28 2003, 12:17 PM-->
@Jan 28 2003, 12:14 PM

and a fully built car..

He says his guage doesn't show it...

the redlining of 15 000 RPM

If he doesn't have a Tach to show that he can rev to 15k then he's an idiot.

How the hell does he know that he can rev to 15k if he can't see it?

Ask him to show you Dyno slips. If he's never has his car Dyno'd then he's full of shit.

he says you can just tell.

"As a good driver you can hear it in your car. When you're in one with your car, you know it's nothing below 10 000 RPM"

Bah, he's full of crap.

I think that's the funniest line I've ever heard.
bs.gif

Oh I'm sure you can hear it reving high. And getting up past 10k isn't a big deal either.

15k on the other hand is pretty high.

B16 (on these threads) has a B16 (obviously) and I've been in his ride. He has I/E/H Camgears, Tb and some other misc. bolt ons. His car has a useable powerband up to about 9100 if I remember right.

10k is possible sure, but 15k would blow that shit up.
And you can definatly hear high revs like that, but hell I've never heard 15k in a Honda (only on streetbikes) and thats one loud/high sound.

I'm 99.9% positive he's bullshitting.

I'm sure he's just making up numbers. If he has a B16 he has more than 150hp already, and if he didn't do a swap you should sock him in the face for being a dumbshit.

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 28 2003, 12:27 PM
Oh I'm sure you can hear it reving high. And getting up past 10k isn't a big deal either.

15k on the other hand is pretty high.

B16 (on these threads) has a B16 (obviously) and I've been in his ride. He has I/E/H Camgears, Tb and some other misc. bolt ons. His car has a useable powerband up to about 9100 if I remember right.

10k is possible sure, but 15k would blow that shit up.
And you can definatly hear high revs like that, but hell I've never heard 15k in a Honda (only on streetbikes) and thats one loud/high sound.

I'm 99.9% positive he's bullshitting.

I'm sure he's just making up numbers. If he has a B16 he has more than 150hp already, and if he didn't do a swap you should sock him in the face for being a dumbshit.

He knows karate, and I don't. lol

and yeah, he bought the car "fully built."

But like F1 cars do close to 15 000 RPM don't they?

No do they even do that?

Fuck does a jet fighter even do that?? prolly but.

Yeah.. he's a fucktard...

Here's a secret to fighting in school (since you're obviously in school.)

Take a binder and when your about 6 feet away from him throw it at him (kinda underhand it quickly) and when he goes to catch it (natural reaction), hit him in the face. It works, trust me :)

Karate doesn't mean shit when you're knocked the fuck out. :owned:

Actually Karate doesn't really mean shit in any sense... It's all about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu :eek:

Originally posted by Hexen@Jan 28 2003, 12:34 PM
Here's a secret to fighting in school (since you're obviously in school.)

Take a binder and when your about 6 feet away from him throw it at him (kinda underhand it quickly) and when he goes to catch it (natural reaction), hit him in the face. It works, trust me :)

Karate doesn't mean shit when you're knocked the fuck out. :owned:

Actually Karate doesn't really mean shit in any sense... It's all about Brazilian Jiu Jitsu :eek:

LMFAO !!!!!! AAHAHHAHAHAHAHHAA :D :lol:

Karate doesn't mean shit when you're knocked the fuck out

true...

those brazilian guys are huge..r than me.

you friend is a fucktradâ„¢ and should not be able to drive or interact wth anyone of the human race

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 28 2003, 01:07 PM
you friend is a fucktradâ„¢ and should not be able to drive or interact wth anyone of the human race

:werd: well said.

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 28 2003, 01:07 PM

lol hahahaha

he's not my friend :angry:

Back