Wtf Is This!?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

gm has used toyota engines in the past(geo prizm's had corolla engines). the cadillac 16 is real and it supposedly produces 1000hp, it was on motor trend.

The prizm's do not only have the same engine there the same car. Both models are bulit on one assembley line.

I wouldn't be surprised if the info in that article was legit- I haven't read up on the new Malibu, but I do know that Honda remapping their engine rotations to the "traditional" clockwise direction was prompted partly by the possibility of outsourcing engines to other companies. Hell, Mitsubishi, Toyota, and Suzuki have done it for USDM manufacturers- why can't Honda?

i know of two cars that are made in different countries that have honda powerplants but are not honda's. the 1st i beleave is called the rover i think... and the other is elise( i cant spell)

Originally posted by 92CivicCx@Jan 13 2003, 11:01 AM
i know of two cars that are made in different countries that have honda powerplants but are not honda's. the 1st i beleave is called the rover i think... and the other is elise( i cant spell)

Yup. One of the older Rovers used the ZC, and the Lotus Elise is available with an ITR engine.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 13 2003, 11:04 AM
<---- thought the Type-R powered Elise was a custom job
:owned:

I think it is, but one way or another, it is available with an ITR engine in it. I didn't say it was sold like that from Lotus themselves.

:owned: :lol:

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Jan 13 2003, 01:29 PM
I think the solution to our problem is beer.
:beer:

too easy, that solves all problems :)

Back