wtf is wrong with today's kids?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

holy hell. that sucks.
1st story- kill someone over a ball? wtf. most us use growing up if we go into it over a ball, hell we just got into a fight, no need to kill someone over it
2 story - kill someone for something to do. wtf. if your that bored and need something to do get with your friends get a project and spend your free time on it
3 story - wtf. I dont know what to say.

damn...

I get bored but I find something to do....

nothing to do, go to fuckin sleep

the NYC projects defenitly aren't the place where a lot of people get along. It happens more often then you think, just not with such young kids, they grew up in a violent nature and they're going to take after it. )I have to assume it's the projects cause it doesn't say the area). BTW, I was driving through the Orchard Projects in Elizabeth a couple weeks ago and saw some bitch get FUCKED UP. like 4 girls just ran up on this other girl and beat the living hell out of her.

I dunno what to say about the last one though...

you know, I could never admit that TV had anything to do with it but now I realize it does. A lot of TV shows show that killing and violence is pretty much the answer to everything nowadays. granted, I watched gang movies and shit when I was 8 but my PARENTS would explain TV from reality and what consequences you would have to go through. I work for the school district and I see teachers who don't give a shit all day long. last friday some teachers were talking about doing "Yay-Yo" in front of kids who were trying to use the phone to have their parents pick them up. It's mainly parenting but it still needs to be disipline (SP?) from all angles.

if i'm bored, i'll sit there and say "god damn i am bored" i'm not gonna kill a homeless guy. I mean, it's bad enough for the guy to be homeless, but when he escapes into the woods for some piece and quiet (or maybe he's just a little wierd) he gets the shit beaten out of him three times by some bastard kids? somethings not right here.

i'll tell you this, next time i think about stealing a ball from a kid, i will think again.

and the is nothing to say about the kid who killed his family then himself. so no comment.

KIDS THESE DAYS!!!!!

It must be all the hormones we feed to our livestock altering the brains of the youth and the lack of perental supervision.

honestly it's not about discipline.

My uncle was "hit", not beaten but hit when he did something wrong. He grew up in VA, and has been in jail a lot of times, never for murder or anything but he's been in fights and blames it on because his parents beat him and he went to far, when he got into fights he kept going because he thought about how his dad used to hit him.

I think it's more the people your around then your parents.,

well its all dependant on how easily influenced the individual is. i graduated in the county that had more marijuana seized in the year of my graduation then anywhere else in the world.

i could tell you how to make a bong out of a toilet paper roll or a coke can, i could cook meth in your basement or show you how to liquify heroin. and im straight edge. never once tried any sort of tabaco/alcohol/controlled substance.

i was around friends who did nothing but get high and drunk, i know more people then i could count that smoked out with there parents. but i was raised in a good household and good morals and strength of character was established in me at a very young age.

we are all products of our environments. you either choose to embrace or rebel against the stuff around you.

i think one of the biggest problems is everyone and there dog thinks they can raise a child. environment and genes play a big role in how a person develops. some people just aren't fit to be parents.

in my opinion, most of the problem is that no one actually spends time with their kids anymore. both parents have to work, leaving the kid in more social situations than ever, and without learning how to deal with problems, they act the way they see on their favorite tv show, or how they see their friends doing it. the fact is, life is getting shittier. tv is getting shittier. movies are getting shittier.

i've just had to deal with my son biting another kid. did i personally teach him how to do this? no, but maybe i didn't explain to him how to use his words, or show him how to deal with situations that make him angry. i admit, i'm learning as i go along too...

i honestly do believe that punishment needs to be followed through. if a child learns he can squeak his way out, he will. but overall, i think we need to learn more about why these things happen to learn how to stop it, and listen to our kids.

oh, and hug them a lot. :p

Originally posted by Blanco@May 31 2005, 07:54 PM
Here's a problem that my girlfriend encounters in her store on an alarmingly regular basis.

Customer: "hi, I'm looking for a game so my four year old can learn to kill things"
Her: "don't you want your four year old to do something constructive?"
Customer: "nope, he's happy when he kills things on the screen, he doesn't know what he's doing and it keeps him out of my hair."

Ok, several things are wrong with that...several. First, why is your four year old playing a video game system in the first place? Second, why is your four year old playing mature rated games? Why aren't you intereacting with your child and actually teaching them something? Do you honestly believe that games that were specifically designed to freak out grown adults, are going to have no effect what-so-ever during the most impressionable time of a child's development?

Parenting. That's what it all boils down to. It's not about hitting your kids, it's about proper discipline and consistancy. Actually teaching your children what's right and what's wrong instead of expecting a five year old to make major life decision because "he's got to learn someday". I'm right at the tail end of Gen-X and as a whole...we fucking suck as parents. People don't to deal with the more unpleasant parts of parenting, so they cave in. If your child is throwing a fit over something it wants in a store, leave. For heaven's sake don't cave in and buy it for them. That's what I mean, people don't parent anymore. And yes, we learned a lot of it from the Boomers and their using the TV as a babysitter. Gen-X just seems to have perfected the Apathetic Parent to an artform.
[post=505877]Quoted post[/post]​

you summed everything up that i was trying to say. yes, young parents suck more because they have no idea what they're doing. 'it keeps him out of my hair' is exactly what is wrong there too... kids need and starve for their parents' attention, and once they don't get it, they react negatively because we scold them for it, giving them 'attention' even if it's not positive. i don't think hitting them is a good idea... considering, they'll just hit others when they do something wrong. being a parent is by teaching by example... helping them discover new concepts... helping them to understand what life and everything is about. apparently some people don't understand. but yes, i agree with EVERYTHING you said... and it's mostly about consistancy... if you're inconsistant... they pick up on it. if you say you're going to do something... follow through. they need to know what your reaction will be to every action they make with 100% accuracy... then they will begin to think before acting... trust me.

Originally posted by Blanco@May 31 2005, 10:54 PM
Here's a problem that my girlfriend encounters in her store on an alarmingly regular basis.

Customer: "hi, I'm looking for a game so my four year old can learn to kill things"
Her: "don't you want your four year old to do something constructive?"
Customer: "nope, he's happy when he kills things on the screen, he doesn't know what he's doing and it keeps him out of my hair."

Ok, several things are wrong with that...several. First, why is your four year old playing a video game system in the first place? Second, why is your four year old playing mature rated games? Why aren't you intereacting with your child and actually teaching them something? Do you honestly believe that games that were specifically designed to freak out grown adults, are going to have no effect what-so-ever during the most impressionable time of a child's development?
[post=505877]Quoted post[/post]​

i dont understand why parents cant "keep kids out of their hair" with a race car game or something like that. get them obsessed with something that they could do as a hobby or something. i played video games when i was little and i turned out fine. but i was playing mario not gta4. people dumb enough to believe that violent games wont effect their child's development shouldnt have had the kid in the first place. plus, if you dont want to deal with a kid should have wrapped it up in the first place.

I also think that a lot of young kids just don't respect their parents any more. Why did I try and avoid getting into trouble with my parents? Because I respected them. Never once did they hit me, but I feared their wrath like the apocalypse. The key is teaching kids the correct way to think. They need to be taught to genuinely feel bad when they do something wrong. Punishment is not enough, they need to learn respect for their fellow human beings and then they will understand what is acceptable and what isnt.

Originally posted by Lantis@May 31 2005, 11:46 PM
One word:

Ritalin.
[post=505911]Quoted post[/post]​

ritalin is not a form of disipline. its already way over used. most of those kids just need basic rules, a little parental attention, and disipline. i had a friend almost die because a doctor would rather prescribe him ridalin and make some money, then tell his parents that there is nothing wrong and all he needed was a little structure in his life.

Although I agree that hitting your kids is a bad idea, I also tend to disagree sometimes. I believe that a simple spanking or something might be necessary but only to a certain point. I mean, when you have a young child, he or she may not know what you are trying to tell them with words. When they do something wrong, they find out that it hurts. My parents spanked me when I was young, and didn't hit or punch me, but after every time, they sat down lovingly and talked with me about it. Sure, when your child gets old enough to have privileges, that's when you take them away and use words, as well as teaching them responsibility. I think I turned out ok. I don't react to violence (most of the time). I think it just depends on the way discipline is administered. If the parents just hit the kid and don't tell him why, that's going in the wrong direction fast. But if the parent teaches the kid why he got spanked, then that instills values and responsibility.

Originally posted by Blanco+Jun 1 2005, 07:21 AM-->
sLuShBoXtEgGy
@May 31 2005, 10:37 PM
i dont understand why parents cant "keep kids out of their hair" with a race car game or something like that. get them obsessed with something that they could do as a hobby or something. i played video games when i was little and i turned out fine. but i was playing mario not gta4. people dumb enough to believe that violent games wont effect their child's development shouldnt have had the kid in the first place. plus, if you dont want to deal with a kid should have wrapped it up in the first place.
[post=505903]Quoted post[/post]​

Lincoln Logs y0! Young children should be doing something contructive. Games are fine for short periods, but young children should be encouraged to explore and learn in the real world. I played Atari Pong, the system that was just Pong and two paddles with dials, when I was a little kid. I was only allowed to play it half an hour a week. Instead, I spent my days outside. We got a Commadore something or another when I was around eight, but I seldom played that either because I'd rather be out riding my bike, building a fort out of sheets and cardboard boxes, or even running around in a cape like a little retard. That's what young children should be doing. It's normal for 6-8 year olds to have GameBoy SP's.
[post=506023]Quoted post[/post]​

i agree, i loved playing outside when i was little. for a long time i didnt even know what video games were. actually i even still play outside, if i stay indoors for a long time i get jittery and just need to go do something. plus all these kids that just sit around all day playing video games is just making them fat.

Back