Xbox 360 price announced

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

neither have I.

Gaming consoles are like horsepower. Even if you don't use it, it's good to know it's available.

That said, I meant out of the people who buy them, how many are going to save the hundred bucks when they can buy the more expensive one and get a shit-ton more features?

Most major publishers have quietly acknowledged that major games will cost $59.99, a $10 jump over current prices.

360 or PS3, that is just fucking ridiculous, absolutely fucking ridiculous. I will be "aquiring" more games now, I am being forced to.

I didn't see that. It's total bullshit tho. Games are already fucking outrageous as it is.

As many as they sell, there's no reason any game should retail over 40 bucks.

The hard drive might seem like an expensive luxury to some shoppers, particularly those buying for someone else this holiday season, but for current Xbox gamers, it's a critical piece of equipment. Without a hard drive, the Xbox 360 will not be able to play any games from the current Xbox, including the phenomenally successful "Halo 2".

what fags.

and fuck xbox, fuck halo and halo 2.... resident evil 5, metal gear solid 4, and final fantasy VII are where its at. http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=image_gallery

Originally posted by Seany-izzle@Aug 18 2005, 10:40 PM
and fuck xbox, fuck halo and halo 2....  resident evil 5, metal gear solid 4, and final fantasy VII are where its at.  http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=image_gallery
[post=542049]Quoted post[/post]​

Be it all a matter of opinion, Halo and Halo2 are better than those could ever dream of being, not to mention Halo 3 will wreck them on it's own. Of course HL2 leaves them all in a pile of their own blood.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Aug 18 2005, 06:25 PM-->
Seany-izzle
@Aug 18 2005, 10:40 PM
and fuck xbox, fuck halo and halo 2.... resident evil 5, metal gear solid 4, and final fantasy VII are where its at. http://www.ps3portal.com/?view=image_gallery
[post=542049]Quoted post[/post]​

Be it all a matter of opinion, Halo and Halo2 are better than those could ever dream of being, not to mention Halo 3 will wreck them on it's own. Of course HL2 leaves them all in a pile of their own blood.
[post=542094]Quoted post[/post]​

Quake 4 > Halo.*

I still play my good ol PSOne. Once the slim PS2 comes down in price and they get the bugs worked out of the thing (including the modchip nuking the laser), I will be migrating to it. I've got 140+ games for the PSX and it keeps growing. I have enough titles to keep me busy for quite some time.

halo two sucked, im not talking about graphics and playability and all that shit. but come on, the game ends suddenly, its NOT that hard even on the hardest setting, and the ending sucks dick. the first one SUCKED even more, i mean come ONNNN the ending with the alien and the guy hugging, then the dude grabbing the aliens ass (or was it the other way around) yeah, im not joking watch it again.

Resident Evil would be good if they stopped at 2. Metal Gear, IMO just plain sucks. I have watched people play it for days, and could never see the attraction. FP I equate to playing the redheaded stepchild of D&D and Zelda, I hate it for the same reasons I hate Morrowwind too fucking long.

My complaints about Halo and Halo2 are, that part one repeats a lot of levels, and that gets boring, and part two is just not different enough from part one, just a prettier package.

I haven't even played a console game in months. I tried playing Forza, not too long ago, but after a few minutes, I was bored. PC is where it's at for games, I doubt I will buy either 360 or PS3, unless something REALLY amazing comes out on one. I just don't need a mini computer, I already have one that does more than either ever will.

I need something in writing that says an Xbox cost $500 to make, that's just ludicrous. No company on the planet especially M$ is going to take a $150 loss per unit.

The only losing of money that is going on is figurative, as in "Well, if we sell these for $40 instead of $50, we will be losing $10,000,000 on a million units" But the fact is, they are raping consumers, and RAKING in the cash.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Aug 19 2005, 04:52 AM
I need something in writing that says an Xbox cost $500 to make, that's just ludicrous. No company on the planet especially M$ is going to take a $150 loss per unit.

The only losing of money that is going on is figurative, as in "Well, if we sell these for $40 instead of $50, we will be losing $10,000,000 on a million units" But the fact is, they are raping consumers, and RAKING in the cash.
[post=542273]Quoted post[/post]​

That's one of the main reasons I buy used. Great titles for only a few bucks a piece. Xenogears, Chrono Cross, Initial D, the Oddworld Series, Discworld, Wipeout, so on and so forth.

Gives me my game fix at a good price.

Agreed... spend your cash on your car or investing in something that will make you more money. 400 bucks for an xbox console??? Fuck that... wait till Dec. 2006 and pick one up for 150. I bought an xbox last xmas for 150 and sold it 4 months later... waste of time... money... brain power. I do like halo 2 tho :D

Originally posted by skillz2k5@Sep 2 2005, 07:43 AM
Agreed... spend your cash on your car that will make you more money.
[post=548683]Quoted post[/post]​

LMAO

Back