Xbox 360 Specs and new pics

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

This topic has been closed :locked:

Why? It is in the wrong place. Please post your topic in the right forums. Hybrid is not for suspension or interior posts. EG is not for EF questions, and so forth.

If you have any questions, please PM the moderator who closed this topic.

-The moderating Team

j/p, But yea that thing looks sick, I can't wait to spend another 300 bucks for something my PC does better, because I will :(

Well I think it's a great marketing scheme on MS's part getting hte product to market before the competition. But then I also see it as a downfall. PS and Nintendo now know the complete specs of the competitors product and aren't going to release for almost a year they now how much better to make their products and they have plenty of time to do it.

I think they're kind of operating under the last experience, where PS2 had several months on the market before anything else. That was only a small factor in why it did better - it was mainly because of the games.

Originally posted by Battle Pope@May 13 2005, 10:17 AM
I think they're kind of operating under the last experience, where PS2 had several months on the market before anything else. That was only a small factor in why it did better - it was mainly because of the games.
[post=498769]Quoted post[/post]​

PS2 has done better in some areas, but Halo and Halo2 have been the strong holds for Microsoft and has put the xbox where it is today. There xbox Live is extremly popular, and there actual platform IS much better, with better graphics, a harddrive stock, and the ability to upgrade to a larger hard drive.

Originally posted by asmallsol+May 13 2005, 07:52 AM-->
Battle Pope
@May 13 2005, 10:17 AM
[post=498769]Quoted post[/post]​

PS2 has done better in some areas, but Halo and Halo2 have been the strong holds for Microsoft and has put the xbox where it is today. There xbox Live is extremly popular, and there actual platform IS much better, with better graphics, a harddrive stock, and the ability to upgrade to a larger hard drive.
[post=498778]Quoted post[/post]​

I totally agree with you - it's just that PS2 has a lot wider variety of solid titles. The Xbox has a good platform, a short list of very good games, and the best-executed online service for consoles yet, but the PS2 also has a good platform, a longer list of good games (mostly because of more developer support) and at least mediocre online play. Just for the sheer amount of good games, I think the PS2 has an edge over xbox. Not to say they aren't catching up.

Originally posted by CRX-YEM@May 13 2005, 07:39 AM
Well I think it's a great marketing scheme on MS's part getting hte product to market before the competition. But then I also see it as a downfall. PS and Nintendo now know the complete specs of the competitors product and aren't going to release for almost a year they now how much better to make their products and they have plenty of time to do it.
[post=498765]Quoted post[/post]​

I agree,
microsoft may have have jumped the gun by releasing the xbox 360 early, now sony and nintendo will have more time to make their new game platforms that much better.

dreamcast jumped the gun and released way earlier then its competition and look at what happened to it
:ph34r:

Dreamcast didn't back up it's hardware with a steady stream of quality software. Not saying they didn't have any good stuff at all, just not in any quantity.

Anything Sega folds as soon as the compition releases their system.

As for the 360, is it just me or are there no places to hook in a controler? Does that mean wireless (maybe bluetooth) controls? Yea for spending more on battterys :thumbsdown:

I hope there are wired controllers. Either that or the controllers have rechargeable batteries and come with "docking stations" to keep the batteries charged when you're not playing... That would be a little spendy though I think.

Yeah, the controllers are wireless, but theres a usb recharge port on the top of it, and 2 ports on the Xbox itself to plug it into. So basically, you can use them wireless, or wired, whichever you prefer.

They moved to PowerPC? While this is a good move architecture wise, it also brings up the disadvantage of not being backwards compatible with the original Xbox. Sure you could emulate it, but that would probably lead to game slowdown. One of the best things about the PS2 and the Gameboy series were the backwards compatibility.

As for the Dreamcast... it was like the Jaguar. Too far ahead of its time and lack of third party support. Both systems were incredible in their own right but as already mentioned, the greatest system gets nowhere without good games.

I still have a Dreamcast... I run Linux on it :) Cheapest 128 bit computer you can buy.

Ill probly get a new X-Box as well. That way I can mess around with soft modding my old X-Box. And about releasing the specs early, I would be that sony and nitendo already had the specs before Microsoft released them.

Originally posted by Sabz5150@May 14 2005, 11:02 AM
They moved to PowerPC? While this is a good move architecture wise, it also brings up the disadvantage of not being backwards compatible with the original Xbox. Sure you could emulate it, but that would probably lead to game slowdown. One of the best things about the PS2 and the Gameboy series were the backwards compatibility.

As for the Dreamcast... it was like the Jaguar. Too far ahead of its time and lack of third party support. Both systems were incredible in their own right but as already mentioned, the greatest system gets nowhere without good games.

I still have a Dreamcast... I run Linux on it :) Cheapest 128 bit computer you can buy.
[post=499177]Quoted post[/post]​

fuckin word. i LOVE my dreamcast. gonna be a collectors item someday. :worthy: :worthy: :worthy:

yay....Xbox 360.....:toot:

It's a mediocre PC.....but no windows.

And it looks like a fucking Dell.

go Microsoft!!!!!! *lame*

I would buy one so that I could crack it and run linux on it. Hehe, it has a modified IBM (mac) g5 processor, so that thing should tear it up. For $300 thats a good deal for a powerful linux box!

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 16 2005, 02:47 PM
I would buy one so that I could crack it and run linux on it. Hehe, it has a modified IBM (mac) g5 processor, so that thing should tear it up. For $300 thats a good deal for a powerful linux box!
[post=500060]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd:
This, I agree with.

Originally posted by Citizen_Insane@May 16 2005, 02:47 PM
[post=500060]Quoted post[/post]​

A slightly modified Yellowdog should do the trick.

Back