Xbox Live Account Lost?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

reckedracing

TTIWWOP
VIP
so my cousin was attempting to clear his stats for mw3, he thought he might be able to accomplish this task by deleting his profile, but as it turned out he deleted everything associated with his profile on xbox

now comes the tricky part
he had 2 previous gamertags under his normal e-mail, which he had forgotten the passwords to, so when he got his latest gamertag he had to create a new windows live id to create his new name

so now he doesn't know his windows live id, customer support can't help unless he can answer the secret question - but there is no secret question, or he can give the last 4 numbers of the CC associated with the account... he doesn't have a CC

so xbox live tech support can not help him because he cannot "verify" his identity, well besides name, DOB, address, gamertag, and the prepaid card code, but thats not enough

tried contacting windows live support to find out the windows live id, but so far no luck there.

any ideas?

i'd say just recover the profile, but kinda hard to do unless you remember your email you signed up with

yea, its pretty much a lost cause at this point i guess
xbox won't divulge what windows live id is associated with the gamertag unless you can verify, and the ONLY 2 methods to verify is a CC, or the secret question

its a big ole cluster fuck circle jerk
they can't even put the remaining time onto another gamertag

Why did he want to delete his stats? Should have just Prestiged to 10. You can delete your stats in the Prestige Shop...

he didn't have multiple ID's for playing different active gamertags
he wanted a new gamertag but didn't want to pay MS to change it for him, so he made a whole new account

its just a cluster fuck and makes me livid that he can provide all the details to prove he is who he claims to be, and they still won't just say which email address was used to register the account.
even having the original 12 month live 25 character code isn't enough for him to prove its his account. no CC and no security question = FU from MS.

ah too bad. it is what it is. it doesn't take much more than a live ID and a password to steal an active account nowadays.

It's not that hard to change your gamertag, just have your friends mark in the ratings thing that you have an inappropriate name.

Back