Yonaka Exhaust?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

BrutalB83

Brutal Moderator
VIP
Has anyone ever used a Yonaka Motorsports catback? Looks like maybe they used to be a vendor here back in the day?

Anyway, I have my daily driver 2000 Civic EX sedan. The midpipe/resonator portion of the exhaust has rusted and broken off for the 2nd time since I've owned this car (about 3 years). Seems like the factory replacement exhaust pipes are made to do this so you buy a new every few years? Cheapest exhaust shop quote for a factory replacement was $270. Seems ridiculous, especially since I know it will probably happen again in a few years.

For $270 I can get this: https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009R6ZQDO/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

Reviews seem good and I like it because it looks stockish and apparently isn't loud (according to reviews). Just wondering if anyone had any experience with them? It's cheap but not eBay N1 fart cannon cheap. Might be worth a try?

Checked out a few videos and it seems like a decent exhaust.

All the videos I saw of it on 6th gens seemed quite with a pretty good sound.

Looks well built.

I'd probably go for it :thumbup:

It arrives on Tuesday! I'll give my review post-install.

I've never heard anything terrible about Yonaka... just decent clone-level parts that people seem to like at really good prices.

It arrives on Tuesday! I'll give my review post-install.
K5fzdpv.gif

It's good parts. Still has a kind of drone/resonator issue, but if you're running with a catalytic converter, it's not such a big deal.

:lmao:

Sorry for the delay. Got busy and forgot.

My Review: 8.5/10 (relative to it being a fairly cheap exhaust of course)

Pros:
  • Nice, study design w/ good welds
  • Excellent fit and finish
  • Sound is low and unobtrusive, just like I wanted (probably helps that it's paired with the factory cat and header)
  • Came with a shit ton of swag (seriously...stickers, license plate frame, t-shirt, hat, key chain, etc.)
Cons:
  • Resonator hangs fairly low; wouldn't be surprised if it gets damaged at some point
  • Tip is a LITTLE bit larger than I wanted (not knocking the score for this, though since it's just my personal preference to keep this car low key)
Overall, great exhaust for the money spent! Much better than an Ebay fart cannon and hopefully I'll never have to replace it.

b04294f9-3c2b-4864-9959-df86268c729b_1.95a2a647dac293e4ee4b059f9d431ebe.jpeg

Back