Ys1 Tranny

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ekPhred

Hey what's up everybody? I came upon a YS1 tranny for an ls/vtec hybrid i'm buidling for my ek. My question is, is it worth it using the cable tranny and I have hydro? I've heard good things about the YS1 because the gearing is so tight and I'm building my car up for a drag/street car, which is why I picked it up. My friend can do the conversion on my car. Should I keep this tranny or try to get a 99-00 si tranny which is hydro. Any help would be greatly appreciated, Peace! :D

Get the hydro tranny. The cable conversion isn't worth it. If you have the money get a JDM ITR LSD tranny. Way cooler than either of those trannys.

On the side, where did you find this YS1 and was it out of a GSR?

I'm a n00bie when it comes to hydro and cable conversion tranny's so would you please tell me why it isn't worth it? I live in so cali and it's so friggen hard to find an si tranny around here, but my boy was fortunate to find the YS1 from a friend of his, it's legit, don't trip, hehe. But yea, it's out of a GSR. Thanx for the post lsvtec!

You already have a setup that will accept the coolest trannys that Honda makes. With a cable actuated clutch your choices are limited to YS1 J1 S1 and Y1 trannys. They are all pretty cool and have tight gears (except for the YS1 out of the LS). But The JDM ITR tranny has the best final drive ratio for a B series and it comes stock with an LSD. If you want to run NA that is the ideal tranny for you. The USDM ITR is also good, but the final drive is a little lower.

I got more money than you!

wtf do u need a cable tranny for?

I drive a 1993 Integra LS
Cable operated from the factory.
Yeah you are probably right about having more money considering all the shit I just bought for my car. But I am expecting a decent tax return this year...

Originally posted by lsvtec@Jan 31 2003, 02:22 PM
I drive a 1993 Integra LS
Cable operated from the factory.
Yeah you are probably right about having more money considering all the shit I just bought for my car. But I am expecting a decent tax return this year...

oh, I thought u had a 94+ teg...well,. I need that tranny for the B18C1 block for the rex...that and quaiffe makes a LSD for it :)

Na, I don't care for the bug eyed look of the gen 3. Gen 2 all the way. I think that the Quiaffe LSD will fit in the Y1, J1, and S1 trannies as well.

The YS1 from the LS is good for boost. I have one of those. (Sucks NA) The YS1 from a GSR won't be as good for boost. If I get a good NA cable tranny I will let you know if you want my LS YS1.

well, i dunno if imma sell the tranny, where do you guys live btw? i live in so cali. we'll see wussup, i'm slowly peicing (dunno if i spelled that right :eek:T) my setup together and came upon that tranny because i've heard so much good shit about it. which is why I picked it up. If I do sell it, this will be the first place I'll post it because this forum is one of the better ones out there. I learn alot from reading the posts over here. do you mind giving me your setups on your car? becaues I'm trying to fully build my engine before I put it in. Thanx again in advance, peace!

I live in New Mexico.

My LSVTEC(I am listing the parts I just got finished buying):
B18A1 bottom end
B16A1 head
Skunk2 IM, valves, springs, and retainers
2001 ITR cams
AEM gears
DC 4-2-1 header
Eagle rods
Endyn/Wiseco 11.5:1 81.5mm rollerwave LSVTEC pistons
ITR oil pump
GSR H2O pump
P72 ECU

Unfortunately this is all mated to an LS YS1 transmission. :(

thanx lsvtec.
My setup (as of right now)

b18a block
b18c head
YS1 tranny
APEXi v-afc
p28 ecu (not sure what my boy got me, i think this was it, hehe)
crower 402's

All I can think of right now, I'm at work and can't think straight! muahah. but anyway, yea, if I do sell it, I'll post it here for sure. O yea, btw lsvtec, names Fred, nice to meet you homie, peace B)

Good to meat you too, my name is Eric. What are you using for internals?

well, what i want to get is:

Eagle rods
rod bearings
rob bolts
either si or ctr pistons, not sure if there is really any difference.
(I think i'll be cool with these pistons)

you got a pretty sweet setup going right now. so are you running a eg or ek? I don't really see any ek hybrids out here, which is why I purchased one. However I see eg hybrids running around here ALL the time :( which wants me to get my project into gear.. hehe slowly but surely I'm getting my shit done. Tax return will help me a grip. :blink:

That's what I thought about the CTR pistons. So do you have the lsvtec set up in your car already or are you building it up right now? If you're running it right now do you have 1/4 time? When it's all said and done, I'm shooting for mid to high 12's all motor with what I want to accomplish. That's why I like this forum, there are peoples that are willing to help and plus they're other lsvtec peeps in here as well... :spin:

It is not in my car currently, but it was. I am rebuilding it. I have never taken it to the track. I have run it against dohcvtec_accord's (H22A in a 94 Accord EX Sedan). I beat him by like 1/2 a car.

Back