z6 engine

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

1994ex

i heard that cams and pistons will but what are the best cam and piston combination out there? Will i have to do anything to my ecu because i changed those out? What is hondata, uberdata, and all that data shit? which is the best one and how much does it cost? thanx

hondata and uberdata are tuners mostly used for fuel ratio increases and decreases...(turbo apps) the difference between hondata and uberdata and crome are uberdata and crome are free and hondata is expensive...crome is the best I THINK others might differ.

Originally posted by CiViC_SOHC@Jul 18 2005, 09:35 PM
hondata and uberdata are tuners mostly used for fuel ratio increases and decreases...(turbo apps) the difference between hondata and uberdata and crome are uberdata and crome are free and hondata is expensive...crome is the best I THINK others might differ.
[post=528231]Quoted post[/post]​

**shakes head in disbelief** :(

Those are not "tuners". Tuners are the guys who put your car on the dyno and plug away at your engine manegment system trying to reach the correct "tune" for your car. Tuning you car consists of editing stock fuel maps and ignition curves to adjust for bolt ons, internals, or engine swaps. This is extremely important because detonation is the leading cause of engine failure in sport compacts. Detonation happens when you do not have enough fuel supply in the cylinder and it creates a lean condition. Engine management systems, or "EMS"s as they are comonly called, are by NO MEANS just for turbo apps. Any motor that has been modified from it's factory specs, be it a cold air intake, to a fully built engine can benefit from "tuning".

As for the differences between the EMSs everyone has thier own opinion and you best bet is to :search:

I didn't mean tuners I meant managment units..sorry lol..but sohc has it...

whats a good upgrade for a d16z6? a bolt on turbo kit.... or taking it out of your car and using it as a chair.

Originally posted by Pewble@Jul 25 2005, 09:03 PM
whats a good upgrade for a d16z6? a bolt on turbo kit.... or taking it out of your car and using it as a chair.
[post=531047]Quoted post[/post]​

:newbie:

Back