ZC or D16Z6 for 89 CRX SI?

tdaddylove

I have a ZC already in my car and the hp is rated at 130. I can get my hands on a D16z6 SOHC vtec engine with tranny and all, but i'm not positive its worth taking out my ZC. The D16z6 is rated at 125hp but its vtec.

Also, is there a way to keep you obd0 stuff instead of converting the harness to obd1?

phunky.buddha

Admin with a big stick
Admin
VIP
If you already have the ZC and it's running fine, keep it. If you want to swap to the D16Z6, you can still stay OBD0- just run to something other than the ECU to control the VTEC, like a VAFC. That's personally what I would do- I wouldn't convert the harness over just to run the stock P28 ECU.

allmotord16rex

:withstupid: The ZC generally has more low end and peak torque than a d16z6. Mine dynoed at 104 ft lbs with just an intake. I would definitely stick with the ZC.

Drenni

Is a good idea if he would just use the Vtec head and a conversion harness (obd 0 to obd 1) and run a chipped P28 keep the ZC block.. Is that considered a good mod or is it a waste a $$$$ Maybe it's better for him to do that instead swaping the engine.