zc swap vs mini me swap ??????

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hondacivicguy05

Ok my question is which swap do you think is better, I found a complete zc swap from toronto jdm for like 850.00 and i also thought about doin a mini me swap. My car is a 91 civic hatch by the way. So which one would i be better off doin and have more fun out of it. I'm looking to do this swap soon cause i think the motor is about to go out on me soon. This is not my dd so i can take my time and do everything the right way so let me know what yall think.

Sorry for the long post

The aftermarket support for the ZC is minimal, versus the aftermarket support for the D-series. In my opinion, you'll have more fun with the mini-me because of the aftermarket support for it. Best of luck to you. :thumbsup:

thanks for the info i will probably come out alot cheaper doin the mini me swap since i already got a d15 b2 sitting on the stand ready to be finished up the only problem is that i have research the mini me swap and read alot about it and i keep racking my brain tryin to make sure i got the right stuff for the swap and i'm still unsure about what i need

Google mini me or mini-me swap and you will get a plethora of information. Also, look around the site as well. Mini me's have been done a gazillion times on here.

ok i was looking at the mini me swaps and i seen on here also that it says use a y8 head from an96-00 civic ex and get the dizzy for that head am i right

ok scratch that last post
i think i got it now
Parts
D16 Z6 complete head with dizzy
D16 Z6 head gasket and timing belt
1 P28 ecu
wire + plug for vtec oil pressure switch
1 4 wire o2 sensor

Last edited:
No problem. Research is going to be your best friend, then when you have specific questions that you may not be able to find the answer out, come back here and we will try and help you out. :D

i hav a d15b7 should i put a vtec head wht head should i us or swap the motor

i hav a d15b7 should i put a vtec head wht head should i us or swap the motor

I suggest research and starting your own thread my friend. People around here frown on thread jacking. Also, think about your budget and goals while you are at it.

ok scratch that last post
i think i got it now
Parts
D16 Z6 complete head with dizzy
D16 Z6 head gasket and timing belt
1 P28 ecu
wire + plug for vtec oil pressure switch
Exactly but add a conversoin harness to that list, just to make life easier.:) $75 off of eBay.:)

ZC aftermarket support is lacking but the majority of other d-series parts will work for the zc also.

NA dohc zc is a waste pretty much cause of the head design but works well for turbo applications.

This is zc speeds na car and IMO way to much cash for a high 13 sec car but then again the motor is very much stock.
ZCspeed Race Car Info!

For alot of zc info
TheZCR.com Forums - Powered by vBulletin

But the zc is a good turbo motor and take very well to boost.

and dnt forget you need a 4 wire o2 sensor as well. see if you can get all the clips for the o2 sensor, vtec, and dizzy they make the wiring a whole lot simpler. i did it and it cam eout much cleaner than cuting and hard wiring it. plus if you wanted to do an obd1 swap you can always do that once you get your harness set up for mini me.

the zc is kinda out dated but its a sick set up if you do it right. i have a friend doing a mini me build and hes goin for 600hp or something close to that but he also has darton sleeves. so i would do the mini me

i was gunna say 600 hp he better have studs rods and a forged crank as well. and the zc is ok but you have to build it the mini me is a much more efficent way of gettin power.

Back