Zc Times?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

stud4u2c17

ANy CRX with a ZC swap motor in it... post there times here...
and any mods!!!

Thanks

i HAD a zc in an 89 hatch a few years back.....

i took out (in no particular order) a 99 ss camaro, 5.0, 540 bmw..., one of those 87 grand nationals, countless v6 accords and si civics, that 99 ford lighting when it first came out...or was it 2000?
a old (95?) 7 series, some kid with a ls in a 93 hatch, and i even lost a cop in it. (ok so i hid the car behind some buildings after they came walking out of 7-11 with their donuts and coffee to look up and see me and some other guy racing down the street)

but the best one of it all was when i was in huntington beach, and some faggot ass 16 year old kid in his daddy's brand new 5 series, with his hotter than shit blonde/blue girlfriend sitting shotgun, tried to rev on me at a stoplight......clowned that fool so hard even his bitch was laughing at him, and jocking me.

and btw, Zc's are well worth it, if it is your first motor swap and you are low on funds....

and dont plan on making it a 8 second race car.

i got mine done about 6 years ago, when the prices for a b16 swap were much more than they are today.

they are fun little motors to drive and have a suprising amount of torque for a 1.6.

oh ya, DONT get a zc if u live in cali....u cant smog it legally

and dont believe that bullshit ur friends tell you....."dont worry dude, i got the hookup for smog"

ya right.

and the number one reason to get a zc? NO FUCKING VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Feb 26 2003, 12:23 PM
ZC's arent worth the time or the money so why would you wanna post your weak a#@ time ?!?!? :sleep:

seriously. STFU n00b.

i'd drop a zc in a 4th gen over a b18a any day of the week

Originally posted by pissedoffsol+Feb 27 2003, 04:26 AM-->
b18vtecrx
@Feb 26 2003, 12:23 PM
ZC's arent worth the time or the money so why would you wanna post your weak a#@ time ?!?!?  :sleep:

seriously. STFU n00b.

i'd drop a zc in a 4th gen over a b18a any day of the week

:werd:

I'd post quarter mile times of my ZC CRX, but I don't think it'll make it to the track before that engine comes out. It does feel pretty strong though, especially for an engine that's in as bad shape as it is.

:D

I had both a crx with a b16 swap and now a crx with a zc swap.. Granted the b16 was more pwrful the zc has lots of potential! If you can make a smaller motor faster for less money and still be just as quick then why the hell not! SHit save some cash!

why not stop being a cheap ass and buy a real motor something like ...i dunno LS and maybe even put v-tec is that soo hard to understand??!?!?! oh and for the pseron that said they would take a ZC over a b18a anyday....your stupid!!!!!! b18a's are hella shitty its all about b18B's

pissedoffsol=no hard feelings....im just tired of people always saying how godly ZC's are when they are OK for a beginner but when you want a fast car you need to get a better motor then that......we kewl??? B)

Originally posted by karnash@Feb 27 2003, 02:30 AM
and the number one reason to get a zc? NO FUCKING VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO

[sarcasm]Ummm yeah, that's a pretty intelligent thing to say. VTEC sucks![/sarcasm]

1) you are a moron for calling the owner stupid..

2) stick b18b cams in a b18a and you have the sme fucking numbers

3) d-series are NOT p.o.s. like ppl proclaim.. yea, they cant make the power a b-series can, but they are what..~85-100 lbs lighter? My d15 stroker build up wont be no slacker and i bet i waste b16's and b18a/b's. Even mildly modified ones. I dont know until i built it, tune it and lay down some numbers. I dont have emissions and have access to 93-100 octane gas (well, i wont for long :().. Calesta knows acouple of ppl pushing 215-220whp with stock d-series vtec's on boost and a guy who is trying for 300whp in a boosted d-series on fully built motor. Yes, I know no zc's are vtec, but that still dont make them slackers.

pissedoffsol=no hard feelings....im just tired of people always saying how godly ZC's are when they are OK for a beginner but when you want a fast car you need to get a better motor then that......we kewl???

OK guy look the zc is a good swap. Yeah we can't be like you and let MY MOMMY BUY THE SWAP!!!!! So don't put them down, I would take my zc over a b16a or any swap.

Lets see, the zc has almost the same power as the ls, is easier to put in, and it will cost hell of a lot less. He probably said b18a since some of them are obd0 which all 4th gens are. I hope you like it when you get banned.

Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord+Feb 27 2003, 03:47 PM-->
@Feb 27 2003, 02:30 AM
and the number one reason to get a zc?    NO FUCKING VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO

[sarcasm]Ummm yeah, that's a pretty intelligent thing to say. VTEC sucks![/sarcasm]

dude if VTEC is all you can rely on to make power, you have serious problems. when i first starting racing out my brand new 1991 si honda prelude (back in 91), there was no such thing as vtec, at least none that i knew of.......and i was still able to pull high 13's on it. my point? yes vtec can be helpfull, but in all honesty, if you cant build a motor without the help of vtec, then you should'nt be building one at all. start from the basics and work ur way up dude.

and the number two reason to get a zc ???? WHO CARES IF YOU BLOW THE FUCKING MOTOR!!! for 1 dollar you can buy another one. instead of the over priced/over valued b16..... got 2500.00?

Everybody...

CALM THE GODDAMN FUCK DOWN OR I'M BANNING EVERY SINGLE LAST ONE OF YOU SHITHEADS, GOT IT?!

I'm sick of all this bickering...

Codee's doing a damn good job covering the ins and outs of the D series engines, and this board doesn't need people running around saying one thing or another sucks. Not members, mods, or even admins. Everyone chill out.

The guy who was trying for 300whp on the built engine- he didn't make it. I don't know where the roadblock was, but he made it to 277whp, and that was it. He made 240whp on the last setup, and that was using a standard bolt-on turbo kit on a built engine.

i never said D series was a POS!!!! so domeskilla needs to stop putting words in my mouth .... and for the rest of you ZC's arent terrible motors so stop tripping about my first reply it was a dam joke geeze nobody has a sense of humor on this board..... peace all :angry:

lol ok... this thread got a bit out of hand, i still have to throw in my 2¢... first of all, whoever said they would pick a zc over ANY swap, you shouldnt own a vehicle, shut up. second of all... i only have one experience with droppin a zc in a rex, it ran like shit. we had a box of like 8 distributors sitting next to the car with like 5 wiring harnesses in the car lol... we couldnt figure out the right combo, BUT, even being the misfiring underpowered piece of shit that it was, it still beat an LS with quite a few things done to it... needless to say i was behind both of them and ended up in front of both of them :lol: but yea... for the money you're gonna spend, a zc is a pretty cool swap, just know what to use when you do it i guess :) and as for times, dude, we could all tell you times and 99% of the time you wont hit any of the times, unless you live where we live.
just my rambling 2¢
Zac

Originally posted by b18vtecrx@Feb 28 2003, 12:29 PM
i never said D series was a POS!!!! so domeskilla needs to stop putting words in my mouth .... and for the rest of you ZC's arent terrible motors so stop tripping about my first reply it was a dam joke geeze nobody has a sense of humor on this board..... peace all :angry:

I didnt say YOU did. I simply said "people", b/c 95% of this board will tell you to swap, over finding power in nothing.

As Mike said, I am trying to do the ins and outs on d-series motors. I would rather know a little about a lot, then a lot about a little.

Mike.. i didnt know he topped out. :( I am 95% scrapping my quest for 200whp in a d15 b/c it would take 13.1s and 93 pump with a HUGE bore and resleeving job. I'll just mini-me it, do a mild build and start on "project b16" this summer. :)

Originally posted by karnash+Feb 28 2003, 01:57 AM-->
Originally posted by dohcvtec_accord@Feb 27 2003, 03:47 PM
karnash
@Feb 27 2003, 02:30 AM
and the number one reason to get a zc?    NO FUCKING VTEC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! WOO-HOOOOOOOOOOO

dude if VTEC is all you can rely on to make power, you have serious problems. when i first starting racing out my brand new 1991 si honda prelude (back in 91), there was no such thing as vtec, at least none that i knew of.......and i was still able to pull high 13's on it. my point? yes vtec can be helpfull, but in all honesty, if you cant build a motor without the help of vtec, then you should'nt be building one at all. start from the basics and work ur way up dude.

and the number two reason to get a zc ???? WHO CARES IF YOU BLOW THE FUCKING MOTOR!!! for 1 dollar you can buy another one. instead of the over priced/over valued b16..... got 2500.00?

just fyi.. vtec was in some EF's (88-91) civic's/crx's back in Japan and a b16sir 1 (the obd0 version for the amentioned car (im assuming its a ef with a zc in it) is only 1150 from acouple of places.

Not bitching, just giving you some info on it. :)

Back