ZC vs B18a (Last Time)

• B18a, Intake exhaust No $$ left ov

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

SleEPeR_CRX

Im just asking to make sure b4 i go out in 2 days and get an engine. Ill check this b4 i go, im already 90% sure about the b18a but ill C.

what im payin for my b16 is the same for ur b18a, just thought id share that. anyways spend the extra cash and get a b16 if u can. zc is just not worth the hassle in my opinion, i heard replacement parts are a biatch to find, u gotta find what parts fit from diff usdm motors.

Thanks everyone for ur imput lately, i have bought my B18a ( 1991 with 167,000 Km's) it was 1,000 for complete engine and 350 for mounts from HasSport from a friend and 150 for linkage, i have yet to install it but so far i am well below my 2000 mark im at roughly 1650 or so, and all i gotta buy is oil and hoses and stuff that comes up. so 1650 for everything ( 1650 canadian like... 1100 american) so thats a pretty good deal if u ask me to get in the high 14's stock. So happy installing me and thanks again everyoen

I don't get why everyone says 'finding replacement parts for a ZC is such a hassle blah blah blah.' Last time I checked, looking on a sheet of paper/website to verify what parts are correct wasn't a hassle. Besides, it's not really that hard..there are only 3 possible engines in the USDM line that it takes its parts from--the 88 Prelude Si, the 88-91 Civic Si and the 86-89 Integra. Now the Timing Belt and Head Gasket use the Prelude, internals (except cams) come from the Integra, and most of the external stuff can either be from the D16A1 or D16A6. http://hometown.aol.com/nosajuf/nosajuf.htm that website has a listing of all USDM parts that can be substituted for ZC parts.

SleEPeR_CRX where are you from and where did you get your engine? People here in B.C. are selling b18 engine for about 3000 canadian.

the question is what b18. This isnt the Vtec B18c1, its a B18a from a 1990-91 Integra. they arent 3000 bucks ur obviously maknig it up. I live in abbotsford just outside vancouver. and i bought my engine from ralph's japanese automotive in Richmond. It was supposed to be 1250 but i told ralph to lick a nut and hes saidfine 1000. so i said ok. my engine is a 1.8L DOHC, not 1.8L DOHC vtec. Theres a difference. check what 1 ur thinking of.

I think he is talking about the b18a1,just in Canadian funds.

Dj extemity-the reason I said the zc was hard to find parts for was because back when I had one it was.I called manufacturers and was trying to reference what parts would work with what parts,all over the place.ZC for dummies was in the works and not out yet,so now hopefully it is easier for people now.

the question is what b18. This isnt the Vtec B18c1, its a B18a from a 1990-91 Integra. they arent 3000 bucks ur obviously maknig it up. I live in abbotsford just outside vancouver. and i bought my engine from ralph's japanese automotive in Richmond. It was supposed to be 1250 but i told ralph to lick a nut and hes saidfine 1000. so i said ok. my engine is a 1.8L DOHC, not 1.8L DOHC vtec. Theres a difference. check what 1 ur thinking of.

I called garage five for a quote on the b18a2 and they quoted me about 3000 for a complete swap. Obviosly i know the difference, and i think the a2 will be more since the it's a hydrolic clutch instead of a cable. So you paid 1000 for the engine and did it include the transmision?

Dude, garage five is mad amazing. but so fucknig overpriced. i went to them when i used to want a ZC. they quoted me 2300 for Just engine and Teg ECU install. then i went to a place in abbotsford. not as well known. but i know they do good work. they quoted me 1700. thats 600 difference. i trust garage 5 but its no worth it to go there. Yes my engine had tranny ecu and CV's for 1000,ive also talked to a company in abbotsford that quoted me 2500 for B18a swap b4 i decieded to go it myself.

Damm you really got a good deal with your engine... to include tranny and axles. Maybe i should to Ralphs somtimes and check out what i can find. I kinda want a gsr engine and i don't think they will have it there but for that price on your engine you can't go wrong. Did they let you do a compression test on the engine? I was just wondering if they had alot of the teg engine when you were there? They had a bunch of engine pulled out already or do you have to pull it out yourself. I'm guessing your planing to go there for you ecu or do you know a place that sell it for cheap, if ya let me so so i can check it out. thanks

if you haven't put the motor in yet, and you've got the funds.... do a clutch. I wish i had done so :angry:

best of luck with your B

-x

sry this should b on same post, but me and my buddies refer to the 92-93 obd0 integra engine as b18a2, b/c of the added hp and trq #'s. thats how we differentiate the 2 different types. its not a real engine, its just our nickname.

Back