Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

CRX_Si

i was offered a 1st gen ZC for my '91 CRX Si for $400. it doesnt come with ecu or tranny. is this a good deal? i thought so but without a tranny or ecu i am not sure. i can use my stock Si tranny right? but if i do this am i gonna ruin it? i dont wanna worry about the integra axles so i dont want the zc tranny anyway. but what should i use for an ecu? will the integra 5 speed ecu work? and how much do you think i could get for a babied(really) d16a6 with 135000mi but doesnt burn nor leak oil and is in very good overall condition? thanks and sorry for so many questions.

1. It's a decent price
2. You can use your Si tranny with no problems... that and the ZC transmissions are what most people prefer for ZCs
3. An 88-89 Integra ECU will work great with that engine

Yeah, I know 2 people with them and they love them for the 400 bucks. Actually, my step bro just got one for his dx and it is such an increase in torque/hp without even swapping to mpfi yet. The si tranny is a little better geared then the zc, and it is dseries you could say so it bolts straight up to the si.

Originally posted by Slammed89Integra@Apr 3 2003, 10:29 PM
Yeah, I know 2 people with them and they love them for the 400 bucks. Actually, my step bro just got one for his dx and it is such an increase in torque/hp without even swapping to mpfi yet. The si tranny is a little better geared then the zc, and it is dseries you could say so it bolts straight up to the si.

ZC without converting to MPFI? What did he do- run the DX intake manifold?

The ZC transmission is actually shorter than the Si in 4th and 5th gear.

thanks. i need more money :( i still owe money on the car and the guy wont trade me motors and take a lil money. :( so zc might be out of the question. but i can trade a junkyard a d16z6(good condition) for my d16a6. so i might just do that. but thank you for your help and the zc is still an option.........just not for a month or two.

If you're planning on modding further than the swap, the D16Z6 is probably a better choice than the ZC anyway, since there's more aftermarket parts available, it's a newer engine, and the aftermarket parts are cheaper. The install is the same as the ZC- you just have to run a few wires for VTEC and use an ECU or something outside the ECU to control the VTEC.

Back