Copyright and DMCA information
Message boards sometimes contain material in which users share material they have copied electronically from other sources. Because there are many thousands of possible sources spread out across the Internet, e.g., newspapers, scientific journals and bulletin boards, it is impossible to determine if any message on the HondaSwap.com Bulletin Board infringes the copyright of another party. If you believe that your work has been copied in a way that constitutes copyright infringement, please notify HondaSwap.com so the situation can be promptly addressed.
- The notice must be in writing and addressed to HondaSwap.com via our Contact Form and use a subject that clearly denotes "COPYRIGHT" or "DMCA" in the title to ensure your submission garners proper attention.
- It must contain a the full legal name of the copyright holder (and the representative making the claim if not self) which will act as a digital signature to claim ownership of the work allegedly infringed.
- The notice must identify the work or works allegedly infringed described in detail by name, description, or other identifiable characteristics of the work to help our staff clearly identify the work in question.
- As well as identifying the material which is allegedly infringing with some specific information about where the infringing material is located on the site by including a link to the parent resource (ie, the thread an image is embedded on the forum).
- The complaining party must provide contact info, including an email address and full business address.
- The notice should state that the complaint is based on a good faith belief that the use of the material complained of is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent or the law.
- The notice must be made under penalty of perjury, and state that it is accurate, and that the complaining party is authorized to act on behalf of the copyright owner of the exclusive right(s) allegedly infringed.
Please consult the U.S. Copyright Act itself before sending any such notice. HondaSwap.com will not be responsible for erroneous or incomplete notices, and reserves the right to terminate any account of a user who either makes a false notice or engages in conduct that appears to constitute copyright infringement, without limiting the rights or remedies of HondaSwap.com.