0-100 in 1 second.

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by Loco Honkey@Jan 19 2004, 12:33 PM
I'm suprised that it even makes it through the traps at all, considering Gale's track record with turbo kits for NA pickup diesels...

How about the $1200 Git Kit for the Ford 7.3l Powerstroke. The one my buddy got left him with a CEL, and he had to send in the chip for a re-flash.

Gale Banks is eccentric, and this car is a clear indication of his madness.

Originally posted by TrailorParkPimp@Jan 19 2004, 07:29 PM
i think i need to go change my drawers now....

yep. me too. i knew i shoulda put the rubber pants on first.

Let me be the first to call BS on this. the lightest bicycles are around 13 lbs. there's no way a car with engine is 28 lbs. mybe it can do 0-100 in 1 sec with a remote control, but any driver that can withstand 4.5 g's will increase the weight by 500-600%.

I'll believe it when I see it.

28lbs. is just the weight of the body (& spolier) which is made of some special carbon/kevlar/nomex concoction.

Originally posted by bcman@Jan 19 2004, 11:12 PM
Let me be the first to call BS on this. the lightest bicycles are around 13 lbs. there's no way a car with engine is 28 lbs. mybe it can do 0-100 in 1 sec with a remote control, but any driver that can withstand 4.5 g's will increase the weight by 500-600%.

I'll believe it when I see it.

top fuel dragsters pull 8g's from 0-1/8th mile and about 4 g's there after.

happenes everyday dude.

No, this doesn't seem right. 0-100 in 1 second is definately in the black-out range, and 2800 hp piston pushing isn't right either.

I call Bullshit.

-> Steve

the body(the white stuff) weights 28 lbs not the car its self. this is nothing all that new.besides top fuel cars have 6,000+ hp...dont believe me do the research. they dont black out.

What will driving this beautiful beast be like? As Lefever describes it, "Imagine yourself sitting at a red light and a truck going 100-mph plows into the back of your car." While jet pilots have been known to black out at 4.5-5 Gs, this baby will go from 4.5 Gs to a negative 4 Gs (after the chute deploys)—all within six seconds!

:thumbsup: that's reassuring.

Back