01 civic H motor!!!!!!

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

goldrims

well guys, i am able to get a really good deal on a 01 [COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot][COLOR=blue ! important][FONT=verdana,geneva,lucida,&quot]civic[/FONT][/FONT][/COLOR][/COLOR], but i already have h motor that i was originaly planning on putting in my teg, just want to know if this is worth it or its going to be more work than putting it in the teg. also, if anybody has done this swap let me know how it went. thanks

Its doable but its not going to be cheap. you will need the mounts, axles and some other odds and ends to do it. Also you will need to have a stronger spring rate in the front to compensate for the extra weight of the H motor.

Too much work, IMO. Your better off putting it in the integra chassis, even then its a pain in the ass. Good luck.

There are mounts, hasport makes them along with most other companies. they go for about 350 or so. Its a lot of work, but i love my H swap in the hatch, sadly im selling her. Ide say for the 01 civic or what ever its going into you will have to use normal prelude mounts and fab up the mounting points, its not going to be easy though..

There are mounts, hasport makes them along with most other companies. they go for about 350 or so. Its a lot of work, but i love my H swap in the hatch, sadly im selling her. Ide say for the 01 civic or what ever its going into you will have to use normal prelude mounts and fab up the mounting points, its not going to be easy though..
we know there is mounts for 2000 and below civic, b was saying for the 01 there are no mounts for a h motor

Yeah i just looked today and found they dont have them. All you would need to do is just snag them from a prelude and fab up mounting points. like i said.

just drop a k series in it and be done

Lol that's about all you got for an '01, that or just be happy with your stock motor because it will cost even more than a K to fab up a B or H series into that chassis.

Or you could sell the '01 and get an earlier model like a '92-95, easiest to swap D, B, and H series into. Well probably the accord would be easier for an H but you get the point.

Build the D17.....it has potential. More low-end grunt then the older D's. Invest your money in swapping the 04 -05 front end though. The 01-03's look bugg-eyed

Back