02 Sensor wire on Air/Fuel meter turns it off?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hatchboy

Sleeves+boost=Love
Upp so the autometer air/fuel Guage works with just positive and negative wires connected but when i connect the 02 sensor wire it turns it off, what could be the deal? Its a 91 crx si with a b18b in it with b16 tranny. I am using the same o2 sensor as off of my 91 stock crx si motor (d16a6 sohc non vtec) and the same wiring harness. Could the 02 sensor not work on this car? i am getting no check engine lites besides a code 43 when i am cruisin at a steady speed (sais Fuel system) what could that be?

ok It was actually hooked up rite, its pre obd meaing 1 wire 02 sensor, really no way to get it wrong. It turns out that when i am at WOT there are only 2 bars on the meter showing, so it is running insainly lean. So i put a ne fuel filter in thinking mabey it was clogged. Didnt help,So i have come to the conclusion that there is just not enough fuel pressure going to the tegra engine so thats why my check engine light for the fuel system is goiong off becuase the ecu can see its running so fucking lean. So i am headed off to find myself an adjustable fuel pressure regulator and boost up that damn pressure and see what happenes.

oh wow did you read the next post? it is pre obd, meaning only 1 wire 02 sensor. You cant get it wrong. I have the guage hooked up and the reason why i thought it wasnt working was becuase the car is rtunning so lean that it barely registers. Should i try getting a adjustable fuel pressure regulator and turning it up mabey? what do you think that would make a diF?

wow i didnt think any obd0 hondas had more then a 1 wire 02 sensor. Well update, i put on a b&m adjustable fuel pressure regulator and guage today and cracked it to 40 psi to see if it would make a dif, defenatly a lil stronger thenit was but the air fuel guage still shows very very lean and fuel system check engine light iscoming on due to the 02 sensor thinking there is no fuel going into the system i think. So i have came to the conclusion its a faulty old 02 sensor that needs to be replaced.I have replaced fuel filter allready also. So anyone have anymore ideas?

most likely the o2 sensor. With it being a 1 wire o2 i dont thing the ecu can tell if is bad or not thats probaly why its not throwing a code

yea on my 91 hatch si when i had an 02 sensor go out it threw an 02 sensor code. So i dont know wht the hell it could be thats making my air/fuel guage show so god damn lean.Who knows.

Back