03 street edition civic sohc vtec

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

b16ingp

What can be done with this car to make it fast!
Is engine swap the easiest way? Or are there nice turbo kits for them?

B series isn't legal in there, but it's doable.

There are some turbo kits coming out on the market for your Civic, and you can always fab up a custom kit. Some guys here in Texas are already running 200whp+ with a turbo and no internal engine modifications.

I fucked up mine racing and bad timing adjustment (long story, ignorance and bad luck) so I was forced to swap but there are turbos now. But either way your looking to spend about 3500 for the turbo set up and about 5000 for the swap. I got lucky and found a wrecked RSX S for 2500 have to replace some shit but the net cost will be alot less than 5g's. I'm gonna boost it after a while. Go to 7thgencivic.com I saw some people talking about some turbos over there.

some dude from jotech (Well i dont know if he's actually FROM jotech...his car was at HIN with the rest of the jotech cars) had a blue '03 civic with a turbo kit, he had timeslips of (i think) high 14's...maybe mid 14's...of course sitting right next to kenny tran's Quaker State drag civic, it wasn't shit...but still, that's pretty damn good for an otherwise stock civic.

Wow, you found a wrecked Type S for $2500? Damn lucky bastard. J/k.. Good find!

And yeah, there are 2 people on 7thgencivic.com running 13's with turbo's on 9 psi of boost.

Yeah, you would probably be better off getting a K-series in there. One you will never be able to register the car, because the engine swap is illegal, as Calesta stated.

indeed, an 03, oversight on my part. The only thing with K series is that your going to want some dough behind you. Most everything for those engines is still pretty expensive/experimental. The bolt on kits are just coming over the horizon as stated before.

Probably some dealer option package- like the "Special Edition" Accords that everyone buys. It's usually a few things on top of the LX trim level.

Back