05 Civic DX (VP) - P0122 TPS/Pedal Position

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

dreamweaver3913

Hey guys, hope you can help me out.

I have an '05 Civic DX Value Package and today when I started the car the check engine light came on. I headed over to Advance Auto Parts and they scanned it and it came out with code P0122 TPS/Pedal Position - Sensor A - Circuit Low Input. From looking around I see that most people have been saying that you need to replace the throttle body to fix the problem. While I don't mind replacing the part I am wondering if it may be related to the weather we're having instead of actually being an issue. Yesterday and today have been subzero temperatures all day (ranging from -1 to -16 degrees F). I'm probably going to head out now and yank off the battery cable to clear the ECU to see if it comes back. Is it possible that it would be weather related or not?

Thanks in advance!

I'm not sure if its weather related, but there are companies that sell tps sensors on ebay so you don't have to get an entire throttle body from honda.

Thanks for your reply 99sidude, I may look into one of those sensors if I end up needing it. When I cleared the code by disconnecting the battery, it hasn't come back yet... only time will tell I guess.

yea, i dont think the weather has anything to do with it, usually that code shows because the tps sensor isnt sending the correct voltage to the ecu. the lower the voltage the ecu thinks the throttle isnt open as far as it may be.

Back