07 ex leaking oil

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

haao13

So after seeing some oil drops on the garage floor, I ran my car on ramps to have a look underneath only to see the entire back of my block soaked in oil. I couldnt tell where it was coming from so took it to honda which they tell me its coming from the knock sensor. I plan on replacing it myself since its $23, $200 for honda, but does anybody have any tips/ticks on removing it and/or the starter to make it go as smoothly as possible?

hmm knock sensor on my mitsu is just bolted into the block, not the oil passages. are they sure?

im not possitive as they didnt show me but thats what the tech told me. the only way to really be able to tell for sure is to pull starter to see from the bottom which i dont feel like doing just to look around

i found the paper honda gave me and hopefully itll help clarify some things. the tech report says "traced the leak to the rear of the block. found that the knock sensor is seeping oil at the plate on the back of the block at the oil passage..." so im not too sure exactly where they mean its leaking :confused:

Back