0bd1 Engine In Obd0 Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

franzkaf

After some research it would appear that the best way to do a B18C swap in an obd0 crx/civic would be to use the B18C block and a B16A head. That way you can avoid the whole obd1 to obd0 conversion problem, correct? My question is, is there a performance cost to this set-up? Any suggestions or corrections would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

It will be nice to run OBD1.

Its a much cleaner system.

I am running an OBD1 Motor in my STD 91.

Its not really hard to convert to OBD1 I know some people who do it but it might cost you some $$$ for everything plug and play..
But it will be worth it at the end. I did mine and love it. Once you have done OBD1 any motor will simply drop c5,c1 etc.. in without any problems and if you in cali like me then it will be easy to pass smog which I am in the process to doing.

Originally posted by franzkaf@Jun 22 2003, 03:47 AM
After some research it would appear that the best way to do a B18C swap in an obd0 crx/civic would be to use the B18C block and a B16A head. That way you can avoid the whole obd1 to obd0 conversion problem, correct? My question is, is there a performance cost to this set-up? Any suggestions or corrections would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.

you could get the canversion harness...as far as using changing to the b16 head...no...just swap to an obd-0 distributor...no need to swap the head

I have a conversion for you OBD0-OBD1 ECU Harness.

It also has the MPFI wires Incorporated in that harness also.

All you have to do is plug it in and add the necessary wires for the OBD1.

1. Injectors
2. Knock Sensor
3. Vtec Wires

Selling it for $160 shipped I don't need it.

Back