0bd2 ls into a 93 cx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hybrid_b18

crew chief
So, 98 ls in my 93 cx. using an obd1 ls ecu. obd2 engine harness. stock cx frame harness. still following? good.

my question is, when using a obd1 ecu, with a obd2 motor, what problems will i run into? I thought it was i had to change the distrubutor and injectors. is this true? do i have to change anything else?

heres your chance to school me, so... DO IT, JUST, DO IT.

:werd:

don't even mess with the obd2 harness.. it will only make things more difficult.

either swap the 3 thigns above, or swap the plugs for the three things above onto the obd1 harness from the obd2 harness.

OBD II Integra harness is a OBD I Civic harness, just long enough to fit the LS and with the right plugs.

Use the OBD II LS harness, plug it into your Civic, rewire your o2 and go.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 8 2005, 01:24 PM
OBD II Integra harness is a OBD I Civic harness, just long enough to fit the LS and with the right plugs.

[post=484709]Quoted post[/post]​

Huh?...uh how you gonna plug yer obd1 dizzy in to the obd2 harness?I'm doin this swap right now for a friend,a 96' LS drivetrain in a 92' cx hatch.I used the civic
sub harness,injectors(same cc) and obd1 Teg distributor,ecu and alternator.

Originally posted by bavarianblessed+Apr 11 2005, 09:21 PM-->
@Apr 8 2005, 01:24 PM

Huh?...uh how you gonna plug yer obd1 dizzy in to the obd2 harness?I'm doin this swap right now for a friend,a 96' LS drivetrain in a 92' cx hatch.I used the civic
[post=485767]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have an OBD II Integra motor with it's harness, you can plug that harness into the 92-95 Civic shock towers, so you do not need to use the Civic harness. Simple. You can use the OBD II everything on the motor, and run it with a OBD I ECU that will plug into the cars ECU harness.

Originally posted by 92b16vx+Apr 11 2005, 05:56 PM-->
Originally posted by bavarianblessed@Apr 11 2005, 09:21 PM
92b16vx
@Apr 8 2005, 01:24 PM

[post=485767]Quoted post[/post]​

If you have an OBD II Integra motor with it's harness, you can plug that harness into the 92-95 Civic shock towers, so you do not need to use the Civic harness. Simple. You can use the OBD II everything on the motor, and run it with a OBD I ECU that will plug into the cars ECU harness.
[post=485810]Quoted post[/post]​

OMG.....are you shiting me :eek: I bought an obd 1 alternator,dizzy and swapped the
CX harness onto the LS motor and am havin a headache tryin to figure out how rewire for a 4 wire 02 sensor....i could have avoided all that work and money?The donor car is sitting 20 feet from the hatch so i have everything from it.

[post=485810]Quoted post[/post]​

:werd: Thats just what I did,and have no problems....

OMG.....are you shiting me :eek: I bought an obd 1 alternator,dizzy and swapped the
CX harness onto the LS motor and am havin a headache tryin to figure out how rewire for a 4 wire 02 sensor....i could have avoided all that work and money?The donor car is sitting 20 feet from the hatch so i have everything from it.
[post=489371]Quoted post[/post]​

Ohh..and ...WOW! That Sucks...

Originally posted by Estorvito@Apr 20 2005, 09:34 PM

[post=489383]Quoted post[/post]​

:doh: :imfucktard: :wallbash: well at least i spent money on useless shit.
Thanks for the info guys..even if it is too late.Guess i know how to take care of my 02 wiring probs now.Say anyone wanna buy an obd1 LS dizzy?it's brand freakin new.

Originally posted by bavarianblessed+Apr 20 2005, 10:10 PM-->
Estorvito
@Apr 20 2005, 09:34 PM

[post=489383]Quoted post[/post]​

:doh: :imfucktard: :wallbash: well at least i spent money on useless shit.
Thanks for the info guys..even if it is too late.Guess i know how to take care of my 02 wiring probs now.Say anyone wanna buy an obd1 LS dizzy?it's brand freakin new.
[post=489399]Quoted post[/post]​

YUp..I agree with You 100% Buddie.....jk

:ufucktard:

Don't mind Estorvito, he eats too much sugar. But you should have no problem selling off OBD I B series parts, especially those that could help someone that doesn't have the harness, or is doing the conversion a different way.

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Apr 21 2005, 12:55 AM
Don't mind Estorvito, he eats too much sugar. But you should have no problem selling off OBD I B series parts, especially those that could help someone that doesn't have the harness, or is doing the conversion a different way.
[post=489481]Quoted post[/post]​

hahahahaha yes he does just use the harness you got with the engine and plug it into your civic harness at the shock tower and call it a day

Back