1/4 mile times

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hazzardboy95

Hon-daaaa
This is kinda a what if section. Here soon im picking up a skunk2 intake manifold and I almost have my hands on a gsr trans. With a good clutch how lond do you think It will take me to get my fat ass down the track.
Set-up.
Fujita cold air
Header back exhaust
Short throw
Jdm b18b
+
skunk2 intake mani
gsr trans

depending on how you drive, maybe a mid to high 15 sec 1/4. with proper tuning maybe low 15

I mean don't let those number's hold you back, it's a good start to an all motor build for an LS, but you are definately going to have to do something about the internals, there is a great writeup in the refrence section about building an LS all motor monster, I did that exact build after long talks with pissedoffSol and got just under 170WHP on STOCK CAMS with a mild polish job, the build is relatively easy and the parts are cheap until you get into the cams and valvetrain, p30 (b16 jdm) pistons are cheap and easy to come by, you just need to find a machine shop that can install them on your stock rods, or even get aftermarket.
Check out the writeup it's called building an all motor l/s monster (or something along those lines)

Im building something to get around in quick for now. This is going to be my dd while im at college and I will have to go back and forth from pa to md on the weekends so I need something reliable. When I graduate im gonna get either the rsx s or an s200 and im taking my integra down to bare bones and building an ls vtec for it with some nasty cams and good internals.

Right now I have the skunk2 mani on the way and im getting a holley fpr tomorrow and the install is on tuesday. Then in about two weeks hopefully im gonna get a 70 or 75 mil throttle body. All the stuff is new in the box and never been used, a friend of mine has the shit layin around the house. The 350 dollar skunk2 throttle body is only gonna cost me 200. Im very happy.

so, is the 70mm TB even necessary?? i mean the skunk2 manifold plenum opening is only 68mm i think.. you arent gonna feel much of a gain without cams and a tune..

the skunk2 pro intake mani is only 64mm for na i woulnt go over 68mm not necasary. get a 68 and get the intake portmatched to it and youll be fine

I put over 20000 miles on that setup, I went from ny to richmond va and back 2 times, and back and forth to school in PA (200 miles one way) dozens of times, it is reliable, but for something to build for right now you should be good.
I never had any problems with my setup and I put a vtec head on it last year before I bought my gsr, the engine sat on a pallet for 6 months and now is in my brother's EF, still running very strong.

Back