1 bar boost!! pistons-rods???

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bvtec

hi everybody :)

just need some of your proffesional advice.ive finally decded to go turbo just wanna know on my b16a2,what ratio of low comp pistons do i need i wanna run about 1bar approx 15psi, and do i need some rods if i wann run that boost???
thx in advance

1 bar is 14.7 psi and you would need some sort of forged piston, rod, crankshaft combination, and a lot of engine tuning. oh yeah, the optimal comp ratio for running boost is around 8.0-8.8:1. You'd have to drop your comp ratio from 10.4:1 to that.

what compression pistons would be better srp 9.0.1 ratio,or srp 8.5.1 for running 1 bar and would crower rods be good.finally to run that boost should i go for a turonetics t3/t4 turbo or a t4 turbo??? :)

hey thx very much for ure replies if u could answer these for me id be very gratefull as im gonna get the project on the way asap. ;)

don't go less than 9:1 in a street car. you will hate yourself.
stock honda cranks are fine. there is zero need to upgrade it.

more over, 1 bar of boost means nothing.

make your goal a POWER LEVEL, not a pressure of air never making it into the damn motor in the first place level

so what you reckon 9.0.1 comp pistons shud be enough??
so what turbo do u advice t3/t4 or t4,i am gona upgrade me ecu to a hondata get some 440cc injectors,and upgrade my ignition and finally port polish.
what whp u reckon ill kick out???

it'd hard to tell exactly waht kinda power you'd make. try it and dyno it. :)

dude, listen to pissoff, every thing that you buy for the setup think of what power level your shooting for. example,if you want 350whp then the 440s might not cut it. also the turbo has a lot to due with it, an sc63 at one bar is going to give you diff power than a t3/t4. they have a bunch of t3/t4 combinations that very alot, get specific with your power goal and then pick parts that will get you there.

ps since your going to open up your engine and buy a hondata, sleeving could be done at the same time(think safty). you'll always want more!!!!!!

good luck :thumbsup:

Don't get the T4. Settle for a T3-T4. Slightly quicker spoolup. Company of your choice. I prefer Turbonetics myself.

440cc's are capable of 350 whp. My brother has 370s spitting down 359 whp. But. Go for power. With the boost you would like to see... I'd guess between 290-320 whp. That's just my guess. It can be higher with a good tuner.

As far as compression... I didn't think anything below 9.0:1 was needed. I though ideally that that you'd want from 9.0:1 - 9.5:1.

440s will not cut 350 whp, no way. not on stock rail pressure.

jeff topped out his 440s at 259 whp.

be that as it may, you're STILL going backwards. you are picking a turbo and guessign a whp.

set yourself a GOAL of wheel horse power, and then, we can suggest the right size turbo, fuel, etc to get you there.

Originally posted by smashed4thgen@Jan 7 2004, 05:57 AM
u could run 15 psi on a 2g eclipse turbo but not on a t3...(with stock setup)psi dont realy mean that much...

for the love of god don't get a T25
T03/04 all the way...specs depending on your goals

Well... since the T3/T4 is basically capable of up to 450 whp. It's just a good all around turbo setup for the street. It will achieve everything you need in a street car damn near.

You don't want the full 450 whp in a street setup. Keep it for the strip. So anything under 350 whp is probably what he ought to look for. In my opinion.

Originally posted by BrahmaBullSQ@Jan 8 2004, 09:22 PM
Well... since the T3/T4 is basically capable of up to 450 whp.

i've seen t3/t4's put out 750.

there's 21312312 different varities of t3/t4's.

which going back to my orig post- pick a goal, then we can suggest a turbo to get you there.

I'm aware that there are dozens of variants of the T3/T4 and every other size of turbocharger.

Was that 750hp T3/T4 on a 4-cylinder though??? That's a damn lot of power for that turbo for just 4-cylinders.

But as I've said before... the T3/T4 will basically fulfill bvtec's desires. Where is this guy anyhow? He needs to give some more info.

hey thx very much for all your replies u been very helpfull.
brahmabullsq what your brother got in his to get him 359whp??
respect to u guys in america and jap u know what u doin.here in uk they still settlin for air induction and back box and expect to beat the world good help hard to find.LOL :lol:

B16A, LS tranny, Turbonetics T3/T4 turbo, Spearco FMIC, Greddy BOV, TiAL wastegate, Ferrea valves, 370cc RC injectors, FMU, AEM Fuel Rail, A'PEXi S-AFC. This is all I can think of off the top of my head, bvtec. He's pressing 18 psi. It also makes 232 lb-ft. of torque. Not much, but good for a 1.6L B16. Good luck.

THis is just a lil idea for you to throw around, if u dont want to spend alot on new rods you can get your stock ones shot peened, what they do is shot little metal balls at the rod which puts little divits it it, which compresses and strenthens the rods, just be sure the crankshaft journal surfaces, and the bolt seats are well protected, this will let your stock rods handle a little more psi, hope it helps ya ;)

Back