1 outta 4? what to do with rest

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

PhyRe

so i got some rods in a trade and one of them spun a bearing and is all burnt up. had machine shop look at it and they said it was done. can i get just one rod to make the full set or is this something where they all have to match? not really lookin to use them but if i can get a 4th and sell as full set thatd b nice.
i know people have rods layin around what do u do?

after market h beams i believe no markings on them. not lookin for one yet i just wanna kno if i should start lookin. like do i have 3 new cool paper weights or do i have 3/4 of something good? i know plenty of people out there that have "extra" rods layin around. are they useful or junk? can i have a full workable set for the price of just the missing one?

you might be able to find one if not you got 3 good paper weights

lol well thanks for that. but i know a can find one cuz plenty of people haave fucked up but what i want to know is it possible to use a forth thats dif from rest? wwill i have a balance issue? deose it not matter?

had the one bad one checked n shop said it was fucked. but fuck(haha) it i might as well grab one up and see. whats the worst that can happen? i finally get this block moving?

MAYBE you can have it honed out and use a bearing. if not, contact the manufacturer and buy another one.

you should not use different rods. they have to be atleast somewhat close to each other in weight, which is why you need to find one of the same. i know most manufacturers weight their items and sell them as such to be as close as possible but if one was a little bit off from the rest i dont see a problem.

soooooo by the sound of that im s o l. thhey have no markings on them so i have no clue how to hunt the man. down.
if i get one and weigh it n its close it could pos be used? as far as havin ne thing done to it by a machine shop the place i go to said it wouldnt be worth it to do cuz then hed have to see the crank too to make sure on fitment or something.
well i thnk im still gunna search for somethign and when i find something ill weigh and have machine shop mayb lighten it up if need be. ill keep ya posted.

edit: thanks

Back