1) SH <-- JDM H22A, 2) forced induction

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Yar

Hi

I've got an EDM Prelude VTiS with a H22A5 motor (185HP), and ATTS. And, OBD 1
It is basically similar to a Type SH (with ATTS, too). Also, I've heard it's got the same suspension as the JDM Type S (guess what, also with ATTS ;)

Questions:

1. JDM Type S H22A Swap.
Will any H22A motor fit into my car? Is an H22A from a Type S Prelude different than the one from a Prelude SiR (JDM one without ATTS)? Any block differences? If so, how can you distinguish them?

2. In case of turboing, or JRSC'ing my engine,
how can I tune it? I've heard you can't
just install a HONDATA or a similar ECU as it won't work with the ATTS computer.

thanks,
regards

Last edited:
Any one of those H-series engines will work in your car, being it already has an H-series vtec engine in it from the factory. The way to distinguish the difference in engines, is by their codes. Right by the transaxle, as it mates to the block, there is a flat spot with a code on it. Will start with H22 than whatever model it is, like H22A1, H22A5, etc.

As far as tuning it, I would contact some performance shops and see what they recommend as for tuning with some kind of obd2 software. Most will just convert to obd1, but this might be expensive in your case.

Man, I know where the engine code is, and I said mine was H22A5.

The main question was about the JDM 'H22A' engines from Prelude SiR - no ATTS and Prelude Type - S (with ATTS):
Can I fit any of them two into my car, or only the one from Type - S.

I heard the engine block with ATTS is different than the one without ATTS.

Last edited:
Back