1 wire to 4 wire o2 question

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ceehris

this is directed towards pissedoffsol's 1wire to 4wire oxygen sensor thread.
I have wired up a 4 wire o2 sensor with my obd0 to obd1 conversion
and I keep getting a CEL 41. my question is will this happen if I get the black wires (heater circuit) mixed up? because in his post it says it will stall when warm within 10-30 seconds if you get them mixed up but I have not had a stall yet. I wondering do I just need to swap the black wires because I have measured the resistance across the o2 sensor black wires and it is 15 ohms which is within range.....
I would appreciate anyones feedback....

Last edited:
Go ahead and try it, it cant hurt. Oh and make sure to reset the ECU before you fire it up so you know whats going on.

okay well it I didnt even bother swapping the wires. I tested the resistance of the o2 heater circuit on the o2 sensor and it turned out to be intermittantly open. so I swapped the o2 with another one I had laying around and it seems to work good now... no CEL so I hope it stays that way!
as for reseting the ECU I know you pull the hazard fuse at the main fuse box. but which one is the hazard fuse? my fuse box is missing the label.

Back