1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1 wire to 4 wire o2 question

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by ceehris, Jan 5, 2007.

1. ceehris

ceehris New Member

this is directed towards pissedoffsol's 1wire to 4wire oxygen sensor thread.
    I have wired up a 4 wire o2 sensor with my obd0 to obd1 conversion
    and I keep getting a CEL 41. my question is will this happen if I get the black wires (heater circuit) mixed up? because in his post it says it will stall when warm within 10-30 seconds if you get them mixed up but I have not had a stall yet. I wondering do I just need to swap the black wires because I have measured the resistance across the o2 sensor black wires and it is 15 ohms which is within range.....
    I would appreciate anyones feedback....

Last edited: Jan 5, 2007
  2. Andrew

Andrew Well-Known Member

Go ahead and try it, it cant hurt. Oh and make sure to reset the ECU before you fire it up so you know whats going on.

3. ceehris

ceehris New Member

okay well it I didnt even bother swapping the wires. I tested the resistance of the o2 heater circuit on the o2 sensor and it turned out to be intermittantly open. so I swapped the o2 with another one I had laying around and it seems to work good now... no CEL so I hope it stays that way!
    as for reseting the ECU I know you pull the hazard fuse at the main fuse box. but which one is the hazard fuse? my fuse box is missing the label.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted