11000 rpm EK9?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

I call BS. The english in his post is terrible, his lack of understanding with something as simple as the difference between metric and SAE units is apalling, and the claim you make with the components you've listed, along with your "lost" dyno sheet just gives us a better reason to flame you.

We aren't haters, just people trying to stop spreading misinformation. You are like the blind leading the blind, and we are just trying to help both of you out. We don't know everything, but clearly we have a bit more personal experience and knowledge to help than you. Good luck with your 81.4mm pistons, or was it 81.0200mm or 81.0200"?

BTW, what EMS are you using to make that kind of power? lol.

dont bother blanco. hes just spouting off at the mouth. he doesnt know what hes talking about and trying to look cool. hes had conflicting info comming from him from the begining. one thread hes asking about pistons, another thread hes talking about cranks for his "build" and in this one hes talking like hes already build his motor and dynoed it. hes just a poser.

if you read all my posts my brother did the swap and im doin the swap
either way. arent you supposed to be helping not badgering?

im tuning on chrome
my first post i said i bought a set of 81.20 pistons wich is exactly what the company told me and you badger me for going by what the company said?
i dont question your knowlege over mine hence why i keep asking questions and wanting your imput instead of pointing fingers or telling you i think your wrong.
why do you think i keep asking about the crank and rods and whatnot. this is not my first car but it is my first N/A car so im on grounds i know nothing about so hows about helpin at bit eh?

im tuning on chrome
my first post i said i bought a set of 81.20 pistons wich is exactly what the company told me and you badger me for going by what the company said?
i dont question your knowlege over mine hence why i keep asking questions and wanting your imput instead of pointing fingers or telling you i think your wrong.
why do you think i keep asking about the crank and rods and whatnot. this is not my first car but it is my first N/A car so im on grounds i know nothing about so hows about helpin at bit eh?

Post a link to where you bought the pistons. I've never seen 81.2mm on any piston manufacturer list. What brand? You're the one saying you lost the dyno sheet, making claims when you are coming in here asking questions you should know the answers to. There is no way you are making 250+ whp or bhp for that matter on an oversized 1.8L block. That's why we call bs.

If you want to ask questions, ask questions, just don't act like you know something if you are the one coming and asking the questions.

when i say 81.2 its 81.020 you knew what i meant
and im not spewing bs i have the swap on my car i just wish i could find my damn dyno sheets
and like i said even with stage 5 cams you will be lucky to make power at 11k
quit being a hater
i make 255 with a micropolished and balanced crank balanced rods and pistons .020 block bore a honed head and the other stuff listed
most of the work in in the tuning i was putting down 220 and with a good tune im at 255

The bs of which I speak...

it was either a typo or they were dumb enough to not know that "20 over" means .020 and not .20, "20 over" = 20 thousanths = .020. its really .020" over. the pistons are 81.5mm. when you have your engine built/bored honed at the machine shop (what you should be doing), have the machine shop measure them. they will tell you for sure.

thats where i got confused. but they were also selling some that were .40 overbore... i didnt know about them so i got the .20 wich is why i said i think it may be a .020
wasnt my complete fault lol

but yes i am going to have the machine shop do it but like you said earlier.. better for me to know my stuff when im talking to them so i dont get fucked

spoon 18k rpm

I thought the spoon race spec EK pushed 255bhp out of a 1.8 stroker B16B @ almost 18k rpm am i tripping i'm sure i saw it awsome!!

gt3

anyone played Gran turismo 3 the spoon civic race on that definately revs up 2 18k rpm havn't seen the real one though!( but it sounded f**kin awsome on the surround system also the spoon civic in GT4 only went to 12k

buy my pocket bike it revs to 22k and let me till you i have a fear of a piston coming through my leg every time i ride it and it is built to take it but i love the smell of alcohol and doing almost 50 next to the ground

I believe they are also only limited to 1.5 liters as well. The strokes on those motors are tiny.

yeah you can rev the piss out of those things and they never break...

Back