11s in a 1994 gs-r

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

integraenthusiest

I have a 1994 teg gs-r and i want to know the best/cheapest way to get to my 11 sec goal. Now keep in mind that i want to do this with full interior and street tires.

for the turbo i am thinking of getting a DRAG gen 3 turbo kit and for exhaust the apexi header back system and the injen RD series intake. but i would like to know what other major parts you guys would suggest to reach my goal. Money is not much of a factor considering a have about a 20k budget, so please all the info u could give me would be very helpful.

My knowledge on cars is good but not near most of the people on this site. so i know all the neccessary parts need to run this setup but am not sure on what brand would be the best.

Now u can flame me if u want to but i just gaduated highschool and am turning to, in my opinion the experts on this subject. And most of you make fun of teenagers being ricers but i am on of the few in my age group who finds riced out cars very disgusting and i just want to punch the owners of those cars right in the mouth and procede to take a shit on their car.

Thank you for all your time in helping make my vision a reality.

hmmm... header back exhaust is a good idea, well... except that you will be running a turbo manifold instead of a header, and then a downpipe from the turbo to the rest of your exhaust...

if you know forced induction then you know you can build a better turbo setup for cheaper than just buying a kit...
but if you don't know what you;re doing then stick with the package deals...

you will have a hard time running 11's with street tires... perhaps if you got street legal drags you'll have better luck...

the intake will also prove to be useless unless its designed for a turbo'ed car...

cheapest option may be a wet nitrous system, but i don't know that will get you into the 11's and if it did you'd be getting a new motor very soon...

edit:
i just want to punch the owners of those cars right in the mouth and procede to take a shit on their car.

i like you already, you'll fit in well here
you have any questions just PM me...

edit2:
so are you looking to go inside the motor and build it for extreme turbo? or hoping to keep the motor with stock internals?

20K is a very nice budget to work with...

with a 20K budget and no experience, I'd look more towards a fully built bottom end and sleeved motor, Full-race turbo kit, a hondata S200 all options or AEM standalone and at least a grand for dyno time.

edit:

on second thought, a IB Crate motor wouldn't be a bad choice either.

As for streetability, budget for a fucking nice boost controller that can do speed sensitive boost levels (or use AEM for this) or forget streetability. 11s in a DC requires serious power. Serious power doesn't like street tires.

we've got a guy locally with a gsr running 11's, nice car and daily - but not a comfortable daily.

gas gets expensive

Originally posted by radnulb@Jun 9 2004, 11:46 AM
with a 20K budget and no experience, I'd look more towards a fully built bottom end and sleeved motor, Full-race turbo kit, a hondata S200 all options or AEM standalone and at least a grand for dyno time.

precisely

Back