12 sec all motor for 4 grand?

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

Originally posted by pissedoffsol@Oct 13 2003, 05:01 AM

E put 188/132, and ran a 14.6 i think it was in a 2450 lb car.
you won't hit a 1.8 60' without slicks. end of story.
2.0 is tough on street tires.
and if you don't have an LSD, so ad a tenth right there.
you never mentioned what tranny you are using... and what tire size...

That's because E's car was built for actual turns and not straight line fast I thought?
And I thought E Never has been drag racing before?

I've seen a stock type r with intake hit 14.3. Its all about the driver and launch.

it very tough but can be done, granted I had slicks and ran a 13.3 with a bone stock B16 SiR2 longblock but I guess I have skillzzz.. :p

I know this whole driver debate gets thrown around but I honestly belive in it.

My first time to the track with the old SiR motor and just bolt on's I ran a best of 14.3@97 (first gen B16/S1 tranny/p72 ECU - yes I know...wtf!!/DC 4-1 2.25 inch collector, crushbent B pipe with fireball axle back, CAI, 12lb GSR flywheel and a aftermarket clutch on street tires) not bad for what it was but that night there were many hatches running wiht GSR motors and they couldn't muster better than a 14.7, shit even knew one kid that was running a EK with a H series and couldn't get better than a 15.1 that night. I am by no means stating that I am gods gift to racing or anything related for that matter but honestly drivers do matter.

Set up matters also, and I agree with lsvtec that the stock ls rods can handle that rpm, shit I have seen them handle boost running mid 12's on a ls turbo hatch but eventually failed after yes a year or so of abuse. I believe that it matters on how well your actual setup works togthers..

Originally posted by wildbillhatchbac@Oct 11 2003, 08:14 PM
i'm runnin stock ls rods in my motor with jdm b16 pistons, crower cams and springs, in a p&p head. i still have the stock ecu so i can't rev over 7k but with the stress of the higher compression the ls rods are holding up fine for over 10k miles now.

U ever Dyno this set up? i want to do something of this sort and was wondering what kind of numbers this set up lays down

im puttin about the same amount of power down and i havent hit a 12 yet...

so i dont think he'll do it either =)

dvs_prelude is putting down about 8hp more than me and he is a GOOD half second faster than me... but we'll see if I personally can hit a 12 this weekend

B)

Blanco-
My brothers car weighed 2150 with similar weight reductions in his 90 hatch. With the swap. He also had a Tanabe exhaust 40 lbs and he weighs 25 lbs more than me.
Anyways we should know Friday.

Here is an update.
Went to the track Wedneday night. Did a burnout. Launched the car and broke an axle. Put the car back on the trailer and headed home. Forgot to put the hood pins back in and mangled the hood and broke the windshield. UGHHH!
Maybe next week...................

Poor car... it got :owned: all over.

Better luck next time.

Fool, your setup doesn't have a chance hitting high 12's. Mid to low 13s only boy. It's hard enough trying to break 14 all motor. You need to be pushing a least 225 hp if not more or if your car is about 1600 lbs. So keep on dreaming. :p

Originally posted by Revhard92si@Oct 18 2003, 02:05 PM
Fool, your setup doesn't have a chance hitting high 12's. Mid to low 13s only boy. It's hard enough trying to break 14 all motor. You need to be pushing a least 225 hp if not more or if your car is about 1600 lbs. So keep on dreaming. :p

:newbie:

Originally posted by Revhard92si@Oct 18 2003, 02:05 PM

Fool? I did invite all haters. I guess that was foolish. Here is a link to my other car.
It ran 11.2 at 120mph, in the video it does 11.4. That only made 230whp.
The myth you believe is perpetuated by people who inflate their claims so that your more impressed. Or intimidated. Oh yea that car weighs 1700lbs.
Anythings else to add? No I didnt think so. Anyways sorry to use all the big words, maybe when your mom or dad gets home they can explain it to you.

All motor Biaatch!

Originally posted by no2psi+Oct 18 2003, 02:53 PM-->
Revhard92si
@Oct 18 2003, 02:05 PM
Fool, your setup doesn't have a chance hitting high 12's.  Mid to low 13s only boy.  It's hard enough trying to break 14 all motor.  You need to be pushing a least 225 hp if not more or if your car is about 1600 lbs.  So keep on dreaming. :p

Fool? I did invite all haters. I guess that was foolish. Here is a link to my other car.
It ran 11.2 at 120mph, in the video it does 11.4. That only made 230whp.
The myth you believe is perpetuated by people who inflate their claims so that your more impressed. Or intimidated. Oh yea that car weighs 1700lbs.
Anythings else to add? No I didnt think so. Anyways sorry to use all the big words, maybe when your mom or dad gets home they can explain it to you.

All motor Biaatch!

Revhard92si = :owned: x10

lol

sorry i havent been around to post lately, i been going back and forth to the shop getting my friends car tuned... his car made 203 to the ground on pump gas with 13:1 compression on 720cc injectors

all motor biatch!!

B)

oh ya whats that smell? is that 110 octane your wearing? :lol:

Originally posted by jiahanhao@Nov 2 2003, 05:46 PM
13:1 compression on pump gas? what octane? wowsers...

11 gallons of 91 octane and 1 gallon of 118 octane only cause we were worried that the 91 in the tank was fermented already

Back