1985 travelcraft

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

EG_squeegee

Clean Squeegee
1985 travelcraft 1 ton dually

Well, ive never really worked on anything besides honda's and fwd's. Just recently me and my buddy took on a project, a 1985 Chevy G30 RV. Its a 1-ton dually, we've basically just been playing it by ear. Got it runnin, runs great actually, two other problems we ran into, one the brake pedal sinks right to the floor, i'm pretty sure the system just needs to be flushed or bled. The main problem is the emergency brake which is seized :locked:. So far we've just tried tugging on it, blasted brake and cable with penetrating lube everywhere, and beat the living crap out of it with a hammer:bangin:. Any suggestions before i completely dissasemble the whole brake drum assembly, which im not looking forward to. I also remind you it is a dually.

Last edited:
Someone told me i could try heating the drum up with a propane torch then smacking it with a baltine hammer might loosen it up, ever here of this?

The drums aren't too much to disassemble. It's like a regular drum brake, but it's larger and you have two hub plates to wedge off.

I suppose you've done the work already. I'm kinda late to the party.

Back