1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1987 Hatchback....what's a good swap?

Discussion in 'HYBRID -> ED-EF / DA' started by adnoh, Oct 6, 2004.

1. adnoh

adnoh Senior Member

Hey all,

My bud just picked up a 87 hatchback (carborated). He is thinking of throwing an LS in there because it's cheap, but is wanting some other imput. What do you guys reccomend? No V-TEC though......too expensive.

I'd answer this myself but I dont know anything about that generation of Civic. Who makes mounts for this car?

Thanks!

Peace.

2. Loco Honkey

Loco Honkey Banned

Easiest and probably smartest swap would be a 1st gen Integra driveline. Engine, tranny, axles, hubs, brakes, and rear axle all bolt right in. No bullshit. Get a doner Integra (the whole car) for $300, and use all the crap to swap over to fuel injection. Then take all the money you saved from not buying that stupid ass B series and boost the Integra motor. 200 cheap HP in a 1600 lb. car. Yummy. I've done this exact process to a friends car, and it can be done in a weekend. Roll in both cars Friday afternoon, roll out a boosted 3rd gen hybrid Sunday night.

Verification:
Draft saved Draft deleted