1988 civic motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

88civic

hi, I just put a b16a motor into my 88 civic and was wondering how to wire in the harness from the motor to car? if some one has done the swap before and can send me pix? or has some wiring sites i can visit?
thx

does anyone have any info on wiring a this motor?
i replaced the stock 1.5L non-vtec with a b16a
I replaced the computer with the one from the b16a into my civic (plugs are the same)
went from automatic to 5 speed
trying to fit a b16a wiring harness to a virgin 88 civic special edition harness, there is one extra plug on each side of the engine bay and on the drivers side the clear round plug is not the same as the one on the motor.
i am new at wiring and have no idea how to tell what color wires to connect?

does anyone have any info on wiring a this motor?
i replaced the stock 1.5L non-vtec with a b16a
I replaced the computer with the one from the b16a into my civic (plugs are the same)
went from automatic to 5 speed
trying to fit a b16a wiring harness to a virgin 88 civic special edition harness, there is one extra plug on each side of the engine bay and on the drivers side the clear round plug is not the same as the one on the motor.
i am new at wiring and have no idea how to tell what color wires to connect?

I just did this same swap, I had to change the hole wiring harness. and modify some of the connections, like the fuel sending unit plug and the wires for the tale/brakes/turn/backup lights. I replaced the dash wiring harness too.
good luck;)

Back