1989 accord lx f20

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

novusordocody

I have an '89 acord lx, and am told I have an f20. The f20 has been through hell (256K miles), and I want to get an engine thats hell-a-fast (sub 15's or better) I've heard that H22's work well in the accord, but what about the '89 carburated f20. How easy is the swap, and what would it cost to the nearest five-hundred? By the way, it's a manual, and i would be interested in what it runs in the QuaterMile. Thanks.

actually. you both are wrong. there isn't an f20 in that gen accord. and there wasn't a b20 in it either. try an a20a3 or the a20a1

Oops, my bad. I had been reading so many Prelude topics, I read it as an 89 Prelude, not 89 Accord.

I really did know what engine was in there. I used to drive an 87 Accord hatchback. :)

what the hell an f20 i've never herd of an f20 :huh: maybe a b20, oh yeah a20a3 is what i have stock in my 87 Accord the a20a1 is carberated guy a20a3 is PGMFI.
SO LETS CALL HOW WE ALL KNOW B20!!!!!!!!! :D B20 IS DOHC.

Originally posted by 87 hatchy@Oct 10 2003, 08:59 AM
what the hell an f20 i've never herd of an f20 :huh: maybe a b20, oh yeah a20a3 is what i have stock in my 87 Accord the a20a1 is carberated guy a20a3 is PGMFI.
SO LETS CALL HOW WE ALL KNOW B20!!!!!!!!! :D B20 IS DOHC.

:wtf:

You have an A20a1 (Lx's/Dx's)-I have the same car (an LX) for 4 years now-the daily driver. The A20a3's are in the Lxi's/Sei's. I know, having a carb sucks!

As far as swapping goes, the only possible swaps that are "easy" are the B20/18/16's. I think you also have to convert to a whole fuel-injected system first then do the actual swap, not sure though. I have seen someone do the H22 but EVERYTHING was customly (that a word?) done. Check out http://www.3geez.com/ it has ANYTHING you want to know about 86-89 Honda Accords.

Back