1989 Civic Hb With Zc

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

2fastaccord

I am thinking about purchasing a 1989 honda civic hb it has 120,000 miles on it and the guy is selling it for 1000 dollars. I was first wondering if this is a decent price? I second was wondering if the ZC would drop directly in or if I would have to modify anything? The car is a DX 5-speed.

Peace*

You would have to convert it to mpfi from dpfi. Hasport sells a conversion harness. Is it a full swap or just a motor and intake manifold, etc. ?

Any help on this matter would be greatly appreciated, I just want to know if the ZC can be dropped directly in or not?

Peace*

A complete drop-in my friend nothing else but the DPFI to MPFI and you need a PM6 (CRX SI) or PM7 (CRX JDM) each will work good the PM7 better I did it on a 4dr 91 civic and it's good believe me and it's enough to beat the shit out of those CRX with the SI D16 engine (no offense guys) but with a header and cam gear etc ... It will run very good and the DX tranny does work also not as good as the SI or ZC tranny would but hey it's a start. You'll also need the distributor for ZC or SI and the injector resistance box that's if the engine your buying does not have it, which it won't but you can get it for less than $20 dollars. Hope It helps with all the aftermarket parts I have AEM cam gear, DC header, MSD 6AL, MSD blaster, magnecor spark plug cables 2" pipe and exhaust I think that's it, I just did 15.9 on the 1/4 mile @ 92 miles an hour I don't think that's bad.. Hope the info helps, te veo panita.

DA. Crespo
San Juan, PR

first off if its interior and exterior is in good shape and it runs fine then yeah its a great deal and if you do get the zc get the pg6 ecu i think thats the one either that or its the pg7 :D

Thanks a lot guys. I am pretty sure I will get the car now and I will be ordering the ZC engine for it as well. I will let you know how the project goes and get some pics posted ASAP. Hondaswap is #! :D

Back