1989 crx

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

bore it out and through some p29 integi pistons in it, itll raise ur compression, just a little thing but u wont have to do anything else

any of ya know what kind of motor came in the 88 crx dx? the head is off and the block is a bit trashy but my buddy said it is a pretty rare motor? idk what that means but any ideas?

There is still opium around here, I think, not that I care though. Thank you for the advice about the p29 pistons, I will do that. I am going to the machine shop tomorrow to get the block hot-tanked and checked. If everything goes as planned, I will have the mechinist bore the block to 75.5mm (20 thou over), then I will be buying a rebuild kit and a gasket kit and starting my build. The link to my build is:
https://hondaswap.com/hybrid-ed-ef-...ebuild-write-up-lots-pics-297226/#post1321671
I am trying to get a lot of pics posted, but the site has a problem with posting more than 5pics, so I am trying to figure out how to get more up. Again many thanks for the advice.

any of ya know what kind of motor came in the 88 crx dx? the head is off and the block is a bit trashy but my buddy said it is a pretty rare motor? idk what that means but any ideas?

:squint:

stock would be a d15b2...

no.

edit: to clarify - the d15b2 is a great setup for what it was intended for: reliable fuel economy.

i get the feeling this is completely backwards from what you're going for.

edit #2: i'm already shedding a few tears for your CRX. this build won't end well, i'm afraid. :D

(mainly because you said "douching it out" in regards to anything to do with a CRX).

Last edited:
nice gotta keep in touch about ur 89 crx and ill do the same...maybe help each other out on advice

nice gotta keep in touch about ur 89 crx and ill do the same...maybe help each other out on advice

my '89 is sleeping with the angels (or taking a dirt nap, whichever you prefer) thanks to a highway pileup. i'm in a '91 now that i want to keep as beautiful and OEM/purring as possible, and i'm all about driving mine for years, not 'douching it out.'

good luck with whatever you're doing though, and try not to wrap it around a tree.

ps i respect people who do swaps, and their work -- if they do the planning and do the work right. there are lots of these kinds of guys on this forum. i'd read their build threads...

aright thanx...ill junk it then. i can c by ur rep u know whats good

nonono...don't misunderstand my rep - i don't get it for technical knowledge, i get it for saying things straight or for being funny, or for the simple fact that i'm a girl that hangs out on this forum pretty regularly.

you've had some good feedback in this thread from some technical people, already. i'm not one of them, i just love the CRX and hate when they get hacked/destroyed. hopefully you won't be doing that.

the d15b2 is not 'junk', it's just not what you're going for. you should/could try selling it or parting it out. your thread reads like you're cashpoor. you should try to flip as much stuff as you can into cash or parts for your build.

yeah i was swappin the stock one out anyway i was just wonderin is it was worth keepin as a backup. i'm goin for and lsvtec swap to drop in it. im doin this car all legit and right cuz i didnt do my last one like that and i learned hardcore but that was a couple years ago...young and dump ya know, i was cocky and thought i knew what was good.

nah i got a little cash to work with. building is a passion and hobby for me. i just want this build to last a bit cuz its my first crx and ive been wanting one for a while now. i said im not gettin a honda unless its a crx and now i love hondas. i wish there were girls like u around my town. they r all into ridin in the cars but they want nothin to do with buildin em or learnin

Could I suggest a DPFI-MPFI conversion then OBD0-OBD1 conversion, THEN a D16a6/D16z6 combo. It is pretty simple to do from what I hear. I went the hard route and decided on a D16y8 head for my combo (not knowing this was the harder route) and I have to make sure I am doing it right because there is sooo much more work involved in this swap than a D16z6. GL.

thats a great suggestion my buddy just offered to trade me a d16z6 for my ls rims...i picked em up for $100 and can get another set easily for $100. so i just might do that instead and build it and boost the shit outa it

btw i just post some picks of my build. the interior is all new i just finished it...ill be postin more as the project proceeds

what year crx came with rear disk brakes? i wanna convert from drums too disks

I don't believe CRX's came with rear disk brakes (I could be wrong), but normally people swap the 90-91 Integra rear brakes for this type of conversion. You will need:
-Si e-brake cables
-Si master brake cylinder (you don't need it, but from what I hear it makes a hell of a difference).
That's all I can think of off the top of my head.

Could I suggest sticking to one project. I'm really not trying to be rude, but when I was younger I was always all over the map and nothing got done right. As well, it is hard to keep track of where you are in your current project if your off doing another. It's just a suggestion.

yeah i know i get to excited and start jumpin around. its a bad habit, mostly it's just so i can get the parts on hand

Back