1990 accord motor swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

sscootey

I have a 1990 honda accord with 16 valve motor.It locked up , i can get 1990 honda prelude with a 2.0 L motor in it.will this motor fit in the accord. preludes body is rusted pretty bad. thanks

do your research kid.

btw yes. H22 and f22's from the prelude fit. whats all needed for the swap. im not exactly sure yet. Im getting ready to start planning on a h22 90' 2dr 5spd accord.

thank im new at this . if it fits im going to get it .does anyone know any thing about this swap please help.

prelude/accord swaps suck. just try to find a stock replacement. but yes, an h22 will work, but it's a tight fight.

whys everybody talking about h series? hes asking about a b20a5. but i say just get a stock replacement as well unless your looking for an engine with more power

wat hes saying is a 90 accord comes with the f22. pretty much the only swaps you can do with them is another f22 or h22 and that the b20 from the prelude wont fit

ive seen the b20 swap before. not completed. wire harness was chopped like crazy.

i have a h22 in my 4 door accord....it fit perfectly its not that tight of a fit considering all stock mounts but yea...if you go on ebay you can probebly find a f22a engine and trans for like 3-400$ it does not matter if it is a f22a1, f22a4, or f22a6 if you can find the a6 get it...its the better version of them...its out of a 92-93 accord ex and the SE models good luck.....also if anyone needs a f22a1 head (complete) i am selling one, has everything in it as well as the power steering pump still connected and i will throw in the alternator.....100 bucks plus shipping lol but good luck with the engine

ive seen the b20 swap before. not completed. wire harness was chopped like crazy.

You've seen a B20 swapped into a 90-93 Accord? Not believing it. Also, you gave the OP bad information. A 1990 Prelude has the B20A5, not the H22. The B20A5 is a crap engine and is NOT a bolt-in for 90-93 Accords...

1990 accord 1997 vtec motor

Hey I'm new to this just joined, I have a 1990 accord 5 speed with the 97 accord vtec motor 2.2. I can't get the drivers side motor mount, all the others fit perfectly. I tried the 90 mount It doesn't mount to the motor, the 97 mount wount mount to the body, any ideas would be really helpfull, I'll try to start a new thread tomorrow for this issue.

-D

Back