1990 hatch swap to OBD1 LS

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

joeacura

My buddy has a 90 dx hatch. He just bought a 95b18b with a 92 ls tranny to swap
complete OBD1 harness and ECU. Will this harness plug into everything correctly...will I have any electrical issues??? ....dpfi----mpfi???

the harness wont work because you have a non obd vehicle you need a si wiring harness and ecu and you will be fine
--Sports Issue--

haha that be one big headache trying to use the OBD!, sell it...its worth more than the obd0...

Originally posted by jspecivicsi@Sep 20 2003, 02:52 AM
the harness wont work because you have a non obd vehicle you need a si wiring harness and ecu and you will be fine

youll need 90-91 injectors and distributor for the swap to work if youre gonna use the si ecu

dont forget the O2 sensor......switch to the 1 wire.......and do the MPFI , the tranny will have to be switched for a cable tranny also

daidilus, read a little more carefully, the tranny is from a 92 LS... meaning it's already Cable....

im doing a swap much like this one next week i talked to a mechanic who does the swaps like every week and knows his shit and he told me to stick with obd0 al you have to do it get a 1st gen b16 dist and use the crx si ecu and use a HF or si harness you wont need anything else special just the shit mechanically like any b series axles and you already got the cable tranny and thde longbloc so you just gotta shop for the little things ...hope i hellped ya out let me know if oyu have any questions my e-mail is sxymike4u@aol.com peace -mike

sorry about my spelling i was trying to be quick about the post -mike

u will also need obd0 intjectors to complete the obd1-obd0 swap, i also suggest DO NOT USE THE SI ECU, ITS MADE FOR A 1.6L SOHC ENGINE NOT A 1.8L DOHC ENGINE. damnit people use the ECU intended for the motor, since u cant use an obd1 LS ecu , USE THE OBD0 LS ecu!!!

Back