1991 Civic DX h/b swap from D15B1 to D16Y7

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

So I picked up a 91 Civic DX h/b tha has a D15B1 that is barely running and I came across an ad with a D16Y7 with the following:

ENGINE IS A D16Y7 WHICH IS A 1.6L HONDA CIVIC ENGINE THAT IS EQUIPT WITH A 5 SPEED.... FOR $400 I WILL INCLUDE THE FOLLOWING,: COMPLETE ENGINE WITH TRANS, AXLES, SHIFT LINKCAGE, ALL WIREING AND ECU, I ALSO HAVE ALL THE ENGINE BRACKETS "MOUNTS" THAT WILL BE INCLUDED.

Now with the information that is provided will this complete motor swap would work on my Civic. And if not what do I need for it to work. Just want a daily driver. Also I'm a newbie at this. Thanks

how did it go ??? I am looking at doing the exact same thing and I have an issue with the speedo sensor on the five speed .. it is electric and the speedo in the car is mechanical also the rear mount is really getting to me to fab one up..

good luck on wasting your time! i hope you car wasn't already converted to mpfi.. but if it wasnt get ready to do it!! lmao

wikipedia crank HP specs.
D16A6
Power : 108 hp
Torque : 100 ft-lb

D16Y7
Power : 106 hp
Torque : 103 ft-lb

Ima not even lie I was scared doing my first swap, but once I started doing it it was a effin blast, and next thing I knew I was done, blew by

first off you are wrong I had the d15 and swaping in the d16 and they were both FREE and I am learning how all this works .. out if it does then I will try something more bold but I need to sell this car ... that is the only reason I am doing it this way

also I am posting here for help not to be slammed ... be positive there is enough negative #$@% that we have to deal with on a regular basis ... I don't need it here toooo! THere is an age old saying if you don't have anything nice to say ..........

yea well honestly that my bad it is gonna be worth it just for the mpfi conversion and i posted thinking about the d16a6 for some reason... hahaha

36 hp and 30ft-ibs of torque for free is nice!

wikipedia crank HP specs.
D15b1
Power : 70 hp
Torque : 73 ft·lb

D16Y7
Power : 106 hp
Torque : 103 ft-lb

have fun and good luck! make sure to post lots of pics!

Last edited:
Back