1992 Gsr

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

hunter4life

Rotary Man
Hi I was wondering why the 92 integra gsr has a cable linkage system which is pretty old and my 92 civic has the hydraulic system. Considering that the Gsr was more of a sports car I thought it would have a more updated system. Anways I was just curious. Hope someone can help me out. Is it because it was an early model or what?

It's not old they have used that design for a lot longer than 1992, and it has nothing to do with being more 'updated' or not.

it also came with a b series motor all the b series civics came with alot of calble trannys back then also, the perty much did both back then but the teggy just got the calble treatment

Yes they did do a cable trans in integras till 93. but the tranny in a 92 and 93 gsr is the best cable trans honda made. so its not a bad thing to have that trans.

Here's how I see it. Honda came out with that generation of Integra for the 1990 model year. At that time, Civics were still using cable transmissions. And since the Integra is, in many ways, based on the Civic (the JDM SIR used basically the same drivetain), this is what was used on the Integra. But for the 1992 model year, Honda decided to use hydraulic transmissions on the new generation of Civics. The Integra, however, was not due for an update for a couple of years. So they kept the cable transmission until the Integra was updated for the 1994 model year. After all, it's not like a cable transmission is really detrimental.

Back