1992 Integra B18C5 Swap

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

cparker

I have got a 1992 Integra and am looking to swap in a B18C5 engine. This is my first FWD swap. I came from the drift world. This car dropped into my lap. I need to know if I need a engine mount kit or any special kits to finish the swap. Any feed back would be awsome.

The integra originally came with a b series engine. So if you use all the mounts and brackets that came with the car you wont need any other mounts. If you are running the new hydralic transmission you will need the hydralic to cable conversion kit. I believe you can get it from Hasport Performance, Inc. or Welcome to Innovative Mounts Most of your work will be in the wiring. I recommend staying obd1 and getting a p28 ecu chipped with a type r base map. To convert over to obd1 on that engine you will need obd1 vtec injectors, dizzy, and alternator.

LS/VTEC is always a good way to go. If you still have your stock motor you can use that bottom end and a b16 or b18 VTEC head. Its cheaper and with the right parts and tuning you will make just as much power as a b18c5 or jdm b18c

What parts are we talking about. Are we talking rods and rings, cams, valve kits, ecu? I have no clue when it comes to these cars. Thanks for all the help.

Now here is just a curiosity question. Is there a way to get my brothers K20A Type R engine to fit? Cause he has got one sittin in the garage.

And why is this posted in the "auto multi media" section???

This forum is for people to post pictures of their cars, not ask technical questions...

moderator: move this thread.

yes you can put your bro's K20A in your teg. Hasport Performance, Inc. should make mounts. looks like you might have to call, but they should do it. they are avalible for 94-01 tegs...

kind of pricey, but worth it if you dont want to try and make them yourself. some custom wiring will need to be done. is a shop doing the swap, or basicly you?

K20 would be sweet in a teg. keep us updated!

Last edited:
Back