1992 prelude engine trouble:(

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

projectxspeed

So last night my friends 92 prelude blew a radiator hose. We had it towed. When after replacing the hose and fluid we started the car. It sounds like there is a low slow knocking noise coming from the engine, ummmm why and what is it?

Yea and they have free refills at applebee's. WTF. The question was what is wrong with the engine and why is it making a knocking sound. The question was not what should I do for a major tune up.

Well if you can read I believe it says CHANGE THE WATER PUMP as well... if hte car overheated at all then more likely than not the water pump suffered from it as well.

well, if it makes a loud "ticking" type sound, what could have happened is one of the pistons slightly melted from the excessive heat that built up.

This will cause a loud ticking sound while the car is idling and driving normally. You know its the piston when the car drives fine, and doesn't blow up within like 20 miles...because if it was rod knock the motor literally has miles or less on it before a rod goes through the side. The sounds are similar.

Jeff

Back