1993 Honda Civic

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

FrEnChY

I plan on buying a 93 Civic tomorrow does the 93 civic have a cable clutch or a hydrolic clutch? I am hoping to get a b16a1 but if it is a Hydrolic clutch I am going to have to get a b16a2 right?

Thanks

got a 93 civic and it does come with a cable clutch. Hasport sells an adapter to make it work with cable for like $200 but if you can get a b16a2 for the same price it'd probably be easier

:huh: :blink: :huh:

im not really sure what exactly he just said... but the 93 Civic has a hydro tranny.... go with an OBD-1 B16A SiR II

that will be the most direct B16 swap

Cool, I can get a b16a1 for 2000 to my door so i am going with this motor now that I now that it's a cable clutch in the 93 Civic..

it's hydro for sure, but you may convert it to cable if you like, I used to have it and I really don't recommend it. I switched back to hydro. My cable keep snapping due to the hole I had to drill through the firewall. All in all put the correct motor type in there instead of fucking with it.

Milan

I can get a full b16a2 swap in my car for 3500Cnd is this a good price for the swap, comes with motor,tranny,ecu,axle,the prpoer shift linkage and all sensor?

Stop, look and, listen. B16A2 = OBD IIb + 93 civic HB = OBD I / advil = headache. Just get a 92-95 B16A JDM SiR/SiRII motor. it is the right OBD, and tranny. Or a 94-95 Delsol B16A3.

If you go outside your OBD, you are going to have to replace sensors, and/or do some wiring that is annoying. Just get the RIGHT motor to start with.

Agree w/ 92b16vx just grab the B16 Sir-2 you can get the full swap for around 2000-2300. Its the right obd and no need for wiring it back to obd 1.
Also dont fuck with cable trannys in that car.

let me put it this way, my first swap was a first gen, which took me to 14.3, then I went second gen and it took me to 13.3. Have fun. Of course the second swap had more shit done to it but just wanted to state that.

Milan

Also the first gens have been around from 88-91 and some just sitting since then in junk yards, IMHO they are in pretty bad shape, atleast a good amount of them you will also need a different tranny mount for the cable to fit into the 5th gen hatches.

Milan

Originally posted by 92b16vx@Jun 3 2003, 08:06 PM
Stop, look and, listen. B16A2 = OBD IIb + 93 civic HB = OBD I / advil = headache. Just get a 92-95 B16A JDM SiR/SiRII motor. it is the right OBD, and tranny. Or a 94-95 Delsol B16A3.

If you go outside your OBD, you are going to have to replace sensors, and/or do some wiring that is annoying. Just get the RIGHT motor to start with.

exactly, couldn't of said it better, save yourself a lot of headaches

Back