1993 integra engine swap omfg help

We may earn a small commission from affiliate links and paid advertisements. Terms

ok i understand that i can swap a b18a1 but can anyone explain why my car idles so rough ive been told by a few ppl that my block is fine and some even said my fuel pump is fine ...what left that can cause this much error

Do a compression test, clean the IACV on the backside of the intake, and adjust the FITV under the throttle body...

Just so you can look at stuff I already said......I qouted myself lmao.....and Hondafreak re-said it too. Maybe (instead) its the FITV and there's an easy way to check it. But do what I said below. You should take things we say into account. I dont know why someone told you fuel pump problems but I would never think fuel pump first.

Look into Idle Air Control Valve (IACV) there are threads on cleaning it and this might help the bouncing/hunting idle

Find it (on Intake Manifold near firewall).....disconnect the wire plug, the bolts holding it to the Intake Manifold and the two coolant lines. If it looks dirty....Clean it with some
Carb cleaner thoroughly (maybe 2-3 times) and let it dry well before re-installing it

Not sure on the fuel pump being bad but it might be. You can also listen when you put the key to the "ON" position. You should hear the fuel pump click (noise from rear of car) and the main relay should make a click or two (under the dash....somewhere...not sure about your DA). See if it does it when it starts and THEN see if it does/doesn't do it when it dies on you

on the da integra's, ive seen a bunch of problematic vacuum leaks that can cause poor idle, stumble upon acceleration... leaking fuel pressure regulator...

First thing I would do is get a can of carb cleaner and do as you would do on your 70 mach 1 and check for vacuum leaks by spraying it on any mating areas and lines. It it changes your idle, well there you go. If no change, check out what people said in here before. And yeah, the stock honda fuel pumps are fairly reliable.

Cafrog, on those integras, it is actually kind of hard to listen for the fuel pump because it has those damn automatic seatbelts. Loud as hell!

Look in the junk yard u may get lucky and get one that needs thinks like the intake which u already have..but personally if If ur mechanicaly inclined replace the vacuume lines and clean everything with carb cleaner and see what happens...good luck

Oh yeah, you said the guy fucked you over. Did you test the car before you bought it? Cause you can always talk people down if it runs like shit. Don't mean to be an ass, I was just wondering.

Back